WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Sax » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:19 pm

:shock: :D :D :lol: :P :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :shock: I got the mail today, no big deal right? Progress Reports from School, bills, bills, ads, more ads, something for mom.... Oooo hey, something for me! *already feels special*, even better, from poetry.com! Thats right, I submitted Pain Hero to them awhile back for a contest. I completly forgot about that........ Heh.... betcha they say "nope"....

*rip rip rip open open*

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a semi finalist in the International Poetry Contest!!!! AND they wanna have the poem in there upcoming compilation book!!!!!!!!! I FEELS ALL SPECIAL WOOW OWOOWOWOW

Pain Hero at Poetry.com
http://www.poetry.com/Publications/disp ... N=999&PN=1
I can sleep when I'm dead!!!!! >=O

www.geocities.com/whnstudio
It's a plug yeah, but buy my artwork!
Pleeeaaaasssseee??? *puppy eyes*
Sax

Postby lasohnda harris » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:24 pm

Guess what so did I for my poem called pleasures of love you can find me under lasohnda harris and they mader a mistake with my name for one of my poems also under lasohnda harria I think anyways you can find my poem under lasohnda harris on poetry.com and here under lasohnda harris
lasohnda harris

Postby Capricorn » Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:47 am

Wow!!.....and well done! :D :D :D :D :D
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Luc » Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:39 am

cool good ot hear that. i got one of my poems there as well. you'll find two or three on there under "chema saucedo" and i got my "left..." poem published by them.

congrates sax happy for ya. 8) :)
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Seizure » Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:11 am

Yeah, it's all good... happy for your accomplishment... I had a poem published by them which was also included on a CD they put out with some professional "speaker" reading it. Hurray for them, they still can't convince me to buy my own poop.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Sax » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:48 am

:D
I can sleep when I'm dead!!!!! >=O

www.geocities.com/whnstudio
It's a plug yeah, but buy my artwork!
Pleeeaaaasssseee??? *puppy eyes*
Sax

Postby Martin Vann » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:32 pm

Hey guys,

Don't wish to sick a pin in your bright bubble, BUT, I have had five or six poems accepted by these guys, poems.com and as you know by now, this is their gig..., They will accept any poem over four lines that resemble some sort of ryhme.

Then, they will tell you that you were selected, after "careful review" from thousands, to be in their latest addition of poems to be presented in their latest book of what ever, poems. You receive a letter and they ask you to approve the proof, right? Also, they have a staff doing all that is required to present you poem in a professional manner.

When did I last receive notice that I was selected as a semi-finalist, (International Finalist, I might add} It was on March 11, 2003. If, I want the truth about the poem I wirite, I send it to you!

To Dreamersreality site and you my, truest of true friends, have read it and yes, you liked it. You didn't tell me I could be famous or offer me a tape reciteing my poem, all you said was, you liked it.

As a poet, I ask for no more than the gift of truth, which I get from YOU!
Guy & Guy-ets, this is how they make money, selling their books of poems, OUR poems, which they sale for a very good profit. They even tell you your poem is taped, verbally, and guess who they sell it to?

This is a ton of Scam-al-la B.S!

They use you and me, to fill their books for sale and at a major profit. Am I being critical, you bet your sweet pa-tun-ia I am. Have I ever won anything, no, have you ? Have they, You-betcha, some of us have paid for our vanity now, haven't we!

Of course, that is just my opinion. If, you want some truth, ask for it here!

Seiz, I agree, I wouldn't pay to hear some "PRO" read my poem back to me, HELL, I created it, what is some stranger's voice going to do for me, except I could say, hey, Joe, listen to this, I wrote it. Give yourself a Break! Don't be your own victim.

Write for you and us, we will always, tell you the truth, no money, no prize, just the truth, what else do you want?

Ray-Gards,
Martin Vann.

P.S.
Come back and nail me on this, if you can. I hate eating feathers, but if, you can show I'm wrong, its crow meat for supper and I will eat it!
Martin Vann

Postby Martin Vann » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:44 pm

Martin Vann: Addendum;

Okay, I forgot to mention the answer to your on-coming question of. So If I think they are leaches, why do I submit my poems to them?

My vanity, that is why, I admit it,, I enjoy ssomeone telling me that my poem is so good that the world will appreciate it and thank me. However, I don't pay these terds, for my own work.

Okay, I'm through.

MartinV
Martin Vann

Postby Seizure » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:29 pm

ay! :evil: You're stealing my job! I'm supposed to be the one ranting here!!!

You made good points there V.

But I'll tell you what really pissed me off... I had to cut back the # of lines in my poem, Never Meant for Me, in order for it to be accepted... at the time they only accepted 20 line poems. Well, when I checked to see who the winner of the month was, she had 48 lines in her poem. I'd like to know how a 48 line poem won a contest that only accepted 20 line poems. Ha.. ok.. i'm done.

Later
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Martin Vann » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:37 pm

Seizure,

I apologize, I have no intention of trying to place you in the un-employed line. You are just, to damn good at what you do, that includes your poems to.

Perhaps, we can join up and become, "The female dog Brothers," however, I doubt that you or, Dreamer would approve.

MartinV
Martin Vann

Next

Return to Poems and Writings