What Do You Think????

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

What Do You Think????

Postby Dreamer » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:01 am

Okay guys. I have a question for you all. Most of you have been writing on the site for quite a long time.. You know the rules and follow them 99% of the time.

Lately as you have noticed I have been having a bit of a time keeping up with all the submissions I have been getting. My problems is that so many of the new submitters are not submitting things per "The Rules of Submission"

I know my moods and tolerances have been really tried these days with all that is on my mind and going on in my life. So I ask you.

Do you think it is wrong to send these people a note telling them I am rejecting their submission due to not submitting per the "rules of submissions"? (It is linked right on the poetry submission page.) And that they are welcome to re-submit their work according to the rules and I will re-consider them at that time.

It is starting to drive me a bit crazy.. So I am asking you, my panel of regulars, for your opinion..

If you think I am being too harsh in this, could you tell me why and a better solution to the problem..

Thanks to all in advance I really value your opinions.

-Becky
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Stacey » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:08 am

I don't think it's wrong. They can always resubmitt right? All you're doing is asking that they follow the rules. Nothing complicated in my eyes.
It's your site... your rules, I don't think you should have to bend them if you don't want to. You have enough stress don't bring on anymore.
Good luck in whatever you decide.
I've got to get my butt to work or i'll be late. Talk to you later

~Stace
Stacey

Postby LinzAy » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:08 am

Are you kidding Becky?
This is your site, and the rules you have are rules that newcomers should be able to follow if they want the honor of being on this site bad enough. The rules aren't all that hard to follow...speaking of which...sorry about all the convo comments..makin things alil tougher for ya. My bad!

But yea...it's your site and you shouldn't hafta be worried about telling them that in order to have their poems posted they must follow the rules. That's what rules are there for. To either be broken or followed. Yours should be followed. You wanna welcome someone who can't follow the rules from the start onto your site? Imagine what hell you'd have from there on...

That's just my opinion of course, but my guess is that everyone will probably agree with me.
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby LinzAy » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:10 am

Kewl....heh heh...we commented at the same exact time!.....er.....yea.........
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Stacey » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:13 am

Saw that.. and i'm probably going to send you a private message later. i want to talk to you about something. ok? i've got to leave for work, or i'm dead !!!
Stacey

Well....

Postby Leah06 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:05 pm

I noticed some of my poems from a while ago are not poasted, am i one od the people who arent following the rules? I hope its not me. Please tell me if it is.....
Leah06

Postby Luc » Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:58 pm

i see nothing wrong in what your doing. you are just making sure they are followng the rules. which is a good thing. the rules you have are not that hard to follow, and apart from that you are givening them a second chance as well.. so go for it..
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Capricorn » Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:35 pm

I agree with you and all the comments here Becky. Rules are made for a reason! If you keep allowing people to bend the rules then they will always expect you to be lenient. Make a stand I say! Why should you be driven crazy just for their convenience. It's not as if you are refusing admissions or banning them, just giving them a second chance to `obey the rules' Good luck!
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Dreamer » Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:20 am

Thank you all for your feedback.. I appreciate your thoughts and feel better about enforcing the rules especially for the new people posting to the site. Now I don't feel like such a bad buy..

-Becky
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby bingholic98 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:13 pm

GO BECKY GO DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO JUST DON'T DO IT TO ME :lol: :wink:
bingholic98

Next

Return to Poems and Writings