love or lust

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Dreamer » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:10 am

Hmm lets see an addiction is something someone has tried and it has become out of hand and then becomes the ruling force in a persons life..(without looking it up in the dictionary that is close)

I would say that yes an addiction is always bad. An addiction would cause you to do things you would not ordinarily do to fill this need that the addiction requires. Be it drinking, drugs, food, chocolate, sex, (cough) computers..

Love... I am not sure there is an exact answer to what love is as I think it is unique as the person who is in love.. I have never had the same love with any one person. Love is something that grows with time spent together, closeness,whether like minds or opposites, love is a combination of desire, compassion, understanding, communication, passion, companionship, respect and trust.

love an addiction... no I don't think true love is an addiction. But some kinds of love can become an addiction. Such as a Battered wife, a stalker, obsession, someone who "needs" someone else to feel complete.

I love my husband. I don't "need" him to be complete.. I want to spend my life with him. Our lives are still unique but we compliment each others intrinsic needs.
We share our live's to make them more complete. We desire to be together. But unlike an addiction we could go on without each other if need be.. Don't want to but could. Especially if the line of trust was crossed. Love is a choice. Addiction is not.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby rubydragon » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:52 am

Your fascinating, because I think you are!
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Leah06 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:51 pm

umm ok. Your the first to say that. :oops:
Leah06

Postby Luc » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 pm

the first to say it, yes,, but the first to think it? i think not..
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Leah06 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:30 pm

How do you know that? And i still dont understand how i am so wonderful or facinating or whatever.......... im not better than anyone else. Definitly not any other girl you know.....
Leah06

Postby rubydragon » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:23 am

Your better than any girl I know, You are so warm and caring and loving. Most of the girls I know are nothing like that, I think you are fascinating because you.....just are I think you are great!! :oops: :oops:

rubydragon

Postby Leah06 » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:50 am

i all i can do know is :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Leah06

Postby rubydragon » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:54 am

I have no comment to that

rubydragon

Postby Leah06 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:30 am

so any changing thoughts or new opinions? (im trying to get you all to be active again!)
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Just a thought

Postby silent witness » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:34 pm

I soooo totally believe in TRUE LOVE--I believe that there is that one special someone for each of us only I think is hooked up w/ someone else at the moment
:roll:
The only way to be hurt by others is by putting your faith in man instead of GOD
silent witness

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings