A Poet's view...

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Dreamer » Thu May 15, 2003 1:27 pm

Alot of my writings about pain are very metaphorical.. Especially when I am writing about living and experiencing my step-daughters bi-polar before it was under control. I can sit down and force a poem but it always lacks that special something.. that feeling from the heart..

Somedays I see a poem in everything I look at and am guided to write.. Not always sad. To me nature is a true inspiration and I rarely have to work for a poem in that direction. I can watch a squirrel gathering nuts and write a poem or short story about a day in it's life.

I do wonder sometimes if "regular" people who are not artistic observe life in the same way only can't express it; unable to find the right words or color.
hmmmm I wonder....
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Luc » Thu May 15, 2003 4:09 pm

i say they do.. we are reguler people.. reguler animals.. reguler humans... nothign special nothing less.. well all have the ability to express what we obsreve and feel.. its just for some its dormante while others like poets or writers or painters which ever.. they have it out and open and able to use it..

"we are all painters when we are born. its just that some hold onto that ability and keep it alive when they grow up " pablo picasso.. or so i read it like that.. it probably is slighty different but you get the point..
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby bench » Thu May 29, 2003 2:10 am

We are ordinary people with a very wonderful gift of words!
Live Life, Love Life
bench

Postby Leah06 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:45 pm

i agree, poets are more sensitive and able to share their feelings to others. Even i share my feelings a lot but in the end, everyone who i share them with gets all scared and backs away except other poets, because they are my true friends!
Leah06

Previous

Return to Poems and Writings