A Poet's view...

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Capricorn » Wed May 14, 2003 7:07 am

Poems about emotional experiences come straight from the heart with me.When I feel deeply distressed then the words often flow and I can't stop. More recently I have started writing poems about nature etc. These I have to think about, they're different somehow!
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Luc » Wed May 14, 2003 7:11 am

they not different its all in your mind.. :P hehe but yeah i guess it would be a bit difficult.. the only way i would be able to write a poem that sounds like its nature would to make everything be a metephor for something else..
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby rubydragon » Wed May 14, 2003 7:17 am

I can only write about pain and loss, when I write happy things it doesn't seem to be my work, if you know what I mean.
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Capricorn » Wed May 14, 2003 7:23 am

Ruby

I was just like you...I only seemed to write about all the pain and stress I sufferedand it helped to pour it all out. I thought I would never write about anything happy...too much unhappiness going on...but here I am writing about nature....don't know what's happened to me. I do think those poems do not come from deep inside the same way though....can you understand?

Luc

yes I do use a lot of metaphor when I write about nature...I think it is the only way I can!
Capricorn

Postby rubydragon » Wed May 14, 2003 7:29 am

I can understand perfectly, but when I am happy I still write about pain and loss and sometimes loneliness even when I'm with someone, I think it's because I know that it will end at sometime, everything comes to an end.

I'm one of these people that can stand in a crowd of a thousand people including friends and family and still be alone.
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Capricorn » Wed May 14, 2003 7:31 am

I know just how you feel!!...the good things end and you are back where you started anyway. yes I've been in a crowd and felt miserable. if you have problems no amount of happy crowds can take them away1...just keep plodding on! Take care...Cap
Capricorn

Postby Ghost » Wed May 14, 2003 10:59 am

Yeah Ruby, it's hard for me now to write about pain and suffering and suicide. I am happy right now, just not in my writings. I don't really consider myself to be a true poet because I just write down my thoughts and see what people think of them. I guess it's my own type of therapy. You know what they say,"your mind is like a bad neighborhood at night, you should never go there alone." My mother told me that one time and it just really stuck with me and I've realized how true it is in my case. Anyways, everyone sees things differently because we are not all alike.
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not. - Phlogiston Verdigris
Ghost

Postby Stacey » Wed May 14, 2003 11:13 am

You're definitely a poet ghost ;)
Stacey

Postby Ghost » Thu May 15, 2003 12:46 pm

Thank you Stacey. I've never had anyone tell me that before so thanks for the complement. :wink:
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not. - Phlogiston Verdigris
Ghost

Postby Brenda Michelle » Thu May 15, 2003 1:06 pm

well, i cant really say, but as a poet i see things in my own version and if ppl see it the way i do thats good but if they dont then i dont know what to tell them. but then again i live in my own little world!
Brenda Michelle

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings