comments about poems

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

comments about poems

Postby bingholic98 » Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:32 pm

xeracy your poem darkness is good expression. Good way to get out your anger and frustration.I write what I feel too. :)
bingholic98

possessiveness

Postby bingholic98 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:42 pm

from my own experiences. my poems are like my babies putting my heart and soul into them. If dreamer or anybody changes a word I feel violated.So I understand if some one liked my thoughts but changed my wording.I remember loaning my poems to my girlfriend and felt nervous until they were home.Ssilly I know but a poet is possessive of their writings :wink: :)
bingholic98

Postby Capricorn » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:15 am

I agree, Barb, even when I write something that is not particularly good I would not like someone trying to change it , even to improve it unless I asked them. Probably becausewhen I write I put my heart into it, and if it were changed it would not be me!
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Rosanne » Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:13 pm

Conversely then, is it bad etiquette for poets and other word-wranglers to re-write someone else's work even if they keep their revisions to themselves? Because I would go ape-doots on somebody that did that with my work, but I have wanted to do that with other people's stuff sometimes. Not because I was criticising, necessarily, but because I felt inspired. I guess it's all back to that idea of "Do unto others...."
Rosanne

Postby CD » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:11 pm

hey capricorn, I wanted to thank you for your kind words and critues of some of my poems.....CD
CD

Postby CD » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:17 pm

To anyone who has read my poetry, what do you think????? I sometimes wonder if what I write is worth posting. CD and I would like to correct my spelling on site to capricorn...... critique.
CD

Postby Dreamer » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:53 am

CD
I think its good :) I enjoy reading it

-Dreamer

and welcome to you and Rosanne

-Dreamer
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Capricorn » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:43 am

CD
I think your work is very good and certainly worth posting, besides everyones work is their innermost feelings, and it's good to share...sometimes takes courage too. There have been many of your poems recently that have touched my heart, but I have not left a comment. I have been busy and sometimes need time to think about what I'm saying. I sometimes find it hard to express what I feel when reading other peoples work. Keep writing CD...I like reading!
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Xeracy » Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:56 pm

Sorry I never looked at these comment before. Thanks for your comment, bingholic98. Seriously! My poems are like my babies! My ex-girlfriend has a few of mine still, and I was stupid not to make a copy! :( I caught her in a stupid lie she tried to pass on me once. She got some poems from her friend and gave them to me to tell me how she felt (she wasn't very artistic to write it herself). I read them and found they were excellently written. My girlfriend happened to put her name at the bottom of one of them. I went and told the person that I loved her poems and showed her what my girl did to one of them. We both seperately confronted her about it. She said it was an accident. Bullshit!!! I'm paranoid that she is going to pass my works off as her own. It's really scary!
kinda like a cloud i was up way up in the sky
and i was feeling some feelings you wouldn't believe.
sometimes i don't believe them myself
and i decided i was never coming down.
Xeracy

Postby Xeracy » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:42 pm

I don't really want to be pushy, but what did you guys think about the poems I wrote called "My Body and My Mind", and "Move On"? I would appreciate any responses.
kinda like a cloud i was up way up in the sky
and i was feeling some feelings you wouldn't believe.
sometimes i don't believe them myself
and i decided i was never coming down.
Xeracy

Next

Return to Poems and Writings