Book Idea

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Dreamer » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:54 pm

not too sure yet.

The one I am using on my book has realistic clouds on it. The background on the website doesn't seem to print out too good unfortunately. I will have to play with it a bit and see if I can get it print clearly.. I

don't want to get too ink intensive if possible again attempting to keep the costs low. I am open to ideas and designs. Must be original ideas though don't want to mess with anyone's copywritten artistic stuff...

I know Shan is an artist I could talk to her.. Maybe we have some other artists among us that might be interested in donating their work to a cover design.

I would like to keep with a dream theme of course.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby bingholic98 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:22 pm

you know I'm interested dreamer. I get 15.00 for my books, so Iii would be willing to pay 15.00. I think it is a great idea dreamer go go go . :lol:
bingholic98

Postby LinzAy » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:40 am

i love to draw...i'll do muh best to come up with a suggestion.....yesyes.
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Lady-Eryemil » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:45 pm

I am willing to collaborate with any other artist here to create some artwork for the book. It is a great idea, but there are a lot of authors in the poetry section, either some authors will have to be left out, or we'll only we able to use one poem from each...
:(
>~oO*Oo~£ímêýrè ÐêlåPªž~oO*Oo~<
Lady-Eryemil

Postby Dreamer » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:20 pm

Lady E. Only some of the authors can be gotten hold of due to many who do not update their email addresses. So if they are left out of the option to be in the book it will be their own fault.

At this time I think there are only about 100 I have addresses for that might still work... Unfortunate for them but the responsibility was theirs.

If I have success with the first book chances are I will do annuals. SO they will have their chance in the next one.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Ben franklin » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:44 am

I am very interested, to see my poems in a book would be a dream come true, i dont really have any comments on how to do it but when you can the money will be ready stright away,.............. :D
Ben franklin

Postby Martin Vann » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:06 pm

Dreamer,

I understand, most, of what is involved, the bottom line is this...m "Money," to do it right. I would not care, if, you never published a poem of, what I read on your site, THAT is Enought for me. So, how much money, do you think you will need, then multiply that by three, am I serious, yes, I am in deed, so, send me some numbers, you have some of the wonderful poets, on your site, once we get this going, but we need to do it right. What is her name, if, we do it right, I think her name is Katy, Katy, please bar the door.

MartinV
Martin Vann

Postby Your Melody » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:41 pm

Dreamer,
I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I love reading everyone's poems. They're all so good!! :D I would also be willing to pay for these books that you're thinking of. They sound like an excellent idea. I'll keep checking back for more updates.

Nicole
The world, even full of it's imperfections, can still be perfect.
Your Melody

Postby Capricorn » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:06 am

Hi Dreamer

I think this is a wonderful idea and was wondering how many poems you were thinking of printing altogether. Would each person interested chose a certain number of their favourites?

I do know someone who runs another poetry site and has just started a printing business, as her husband is a printer. She charges a $25 set up fee for first orders, and then $3 per book of 40 pages and $0.50 for a colour cover. I would think our book will be bigger but it gives you an idea to work on.

I will look up her details and send them to you later Becky.
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Dreamer » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:41 am

Thanks Cap and everyone with their ideas and thoughts on the book so far. It is really helpful. I think I am just about to the place where I can start thinking about the size and content of the book. Of A Group book that is....

Other than price what do you want in a book???

-How large ( number of pages)?

-How many poems for each writer?

-Do you think the poems from each author should be together or should they be mixed up?

Here are the thoughts I have heard so far.

-Short paragragh bios

-Possible hardcover version (still working on getting a hard cover right. it's tricky)

-keep it affordable (aprox $15 usd soft cover to $30 usd hardcover)
currency converter http://www.xe.com/ucc/

-get as many of our sites author's as possible.

thoughts??? suggestions??? ideas???
Dreamer
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings