talking or listening

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

talking or listening

Postby bingholic98 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:36 pm

Do You like to talk. I was a talker they used call me motor mouth :) Now I'm a listener I'd rather listen than talk . I get tired talking which ticks me off :lol: So much to say but to tired to say it. Go figure a woman that gets tired of talking :P
bingholic98

Postby Capricorn » Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:01 pm

It's sometimes good to listen, you get to know someone better that way. I like to talk too.I hate people who talk so much they're always butting in not listening to you.Some people just like the sound of their own voice and don't care what anybody else has to say!It's probably good to do a bit of both :wink:
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Dreamer » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:32 pm

In real life I am more of a listener and a watcher. I think you can learn much more about a person by watching and listening people then any way else.

-Dreamer
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

sitting back

Postby bingholic98 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:31 pm

Wh en I meet someone I just sit back and watch and listen I don't say my likes or dislikes. Then you see the real them . If you say you like country music then they say they do even if they don't, they try to impress you .So I just watch and Listen. I was fooled once but not again. :?
bingholic98

Postby Capricorn » Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:43 am

When I was younger I was very shy, so always let others do the talking. You are right, you learn a lot more about a person through listening and watching.I talk a bit more now but I still watch out!!
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Stacey » Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:31 pm

I think i do both Barb. well.. actually in real life, i tend to be shy around people i don't know at first. Once i get to know them then i let my guard down and i can talk an ear off. :lol:
Stacey

Postby Sax » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:45 am

I don't like people... Or crowds..... Or even large crouded partys or places... So I guess in a way you can call me agoraphobic... Er... A listener. Yeah... Listener.... A very shy, quiet, kinda creepy gothic listener.... Yeah... Well, besides the fact that I hate crowds and even if I'm in a confined space with abuncha my friends...
:oops:
Like this one time I was with friends at a party type thing and my one friend has this little camper out in her back yard so there ended up being about 9-12 of us in there total and I just had to get out cause it started freaking me out even though I knew them all... :oops:

Ok, yeah... I'll shut up now... so much for being a Listener.... Maybe it's all that caffien I took afew hours ago.....
I can sleep when I'm dead!!!!! >=O

www.geocities.com/whnstudio
It's a plug yeah, but buy my artwork!
Pleeeaaaasssseee??? *puppy eyes*
Sax

Postby RinRin » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:01 pm

i agree, luc. about the crowds i mean. big huge crowds aren't my thing either. i'd rather be at home, alone, writing or playing my lovely piano! or just to think. i like to think for some odd reason...oh! and i would put myself in the "listener" category

:D

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby LinzAy » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:03 pm

hehe, i am so quiet. I listen. Not only because i dont like exposing myself to people and care more to keep to myself but also because nowadays there are so many self absorbed people out there and the people that really need someone to listen dont get the chance to talk. But they do to me. But i have a problem, im too quiet. Someone can talk to me all they want.....but i can never find a way to respond. I suck at iving advice cause i cant...so really i dont. People will talk to me and i feel like im not helping them any because i dnt really say anything in return. I know silence is golden......but not being this silent. Wow.........yup
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby LinzAy » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:09 pm

wow, im quiet but i love people. I f i do anything i dont like being alone at all. I love having all my friends around me and them some.
I open up a lil bit more after i get to know someone but i still dont talk as much as a normal person should.
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Next

Return to Poems and Writings