Becoming a published writer...ah, what a dream!

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Becoming a published writer...ah, what a dream!

Postby RinRin » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:24 pm

Truly published. I mean like books all over the world type published. I wish!

But maybe my dream will someday come true...

Currently, I am seriously working on a soon-to-be-hopefully novel which is actually based on one of my poems on this site: "I Don't Suppose You Recall" is the name of the poem. The novel will be called "When the Mocking Bird Sadly Sings". It is about the relationships of my life, the ones that mattered to me most, the ones that made the deepest impact on everything I am now. It's basically a novel/autobiography...I'm just embellishing the truths a little to make it seem fictional. But really, hidden truths lie in wait within the words.

I am seriously thinking about attempting to publish this novel. Just thought I'd inform you guys..not to brag or anything..but just to inform. If it does get published, I'll update you all, and hopefully you'll get to read it! It is my goal to become a novelist as a career. If I achieve it, I'll be the happiest person on earth!!!! :)

Well, wish me luck!

And by the way, I don't know why, but I just want to tell you that many of you have been inspirations for me and my writing in many different ways, and I love ALL of your poetry! Words are powerful things...you could rule the world with words.

Loves to all :)

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby RinRin » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:31 pm

Just a little preview for you ;)

She was unfolding the pages of her past - the memories flooding back to her like a wave of the waters she had swum when life took its toll on her and the whole entire world. She felt that wave crash into her soul with each expression on every familiar face, every one telling a single story of its own different from hers, yet still so familiar, still so hers. A life she lived away from her home, her family. It was simply her social life laid out in front of her throughout a hundred photographs. Photographs depicting her, her personality, her loved ones, the ones who stayed with her through all those tough times, all those lovely ventures out into the wilderness, all those excitingly new experiences - all flooding back…oh, how she missed them! Now, no photos could depict the feelings she felt while staring at her past - no facial expression on a familiar face, no words to tell - all she could feel now was the wave…

*RinRin*
RinRin

Postby Leah06 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:39 pm

wow rinrin, thats awsome! I wish you the most of luck, and i hope to see the book soon! i will definitly be looking forward to reading more about it!
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby RinRin » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:37 pm

thanks leah!! :D

*RinRin*
RinRin

Postby Stacey » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:10 am

I love the way you're very descriptive when you write.

Reach for the stars and someday you'll be able to touch them.
Good luck
Stacey

Postby Seizure » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:50 pm

fingers are crossed.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby poisonivy60 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:03 am

awesome RinRin....good luck hun
With every breath...There is hope
poisonivy60

Return to Poems and Writings