Guardian Angels

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Luc » Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:24 pm

belief is just a blind gaurdian... a good one though.. with out belief some might just actually see the truth and the truth is to horrible for anyone to with hold.... i've met a few athiest that they do believe something is up there something made us that science just cant explain... but they dont really care for it.. they just go on along. but thats the thing careing is one thing and belief is another...

back on topic ,yes i do like how pam put it. just a matter of point of veiw. and well dreamer i would also like to hear about the voices, if you dont mind sharing with me... i myself have heard voices though i dont think its gaudian angels though my mother slightly beliving me says it is... :D :( :) :shock: 8) :lol: :P :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: hehehe
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Capricorn » Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:52 am

Even if belief is blind, it helps a lot of people through their lives and gives courage to those who are old or dying. In that respect any kind of belief is good.

I do believe there is some sort of `force' behind this world and the whole universe that no one can really understand.....it's Awsome!!!! Yes it is science too, but I believe that science and God are intermingled, they're all one energy. Deep thoughts!

I'd like to hear about anyone who has heard voices or had strange experiences, whether they felt frightened :shock: or peaceful :)
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby bingholic98 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:01 pm

Cap believing is what makes me try to be a nice person. :roll: Do unto others and things like that. plus believing makes me feel better . No experiences here. I'm not a church goer or anything, but I believe I don't have to go to church to prove that I believe it's what's in your heart and mind that matters. :) :wink:
bingholic98

Postby Luc » Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:44 pm

'lift a rock and i am there split a piece of wood and you shall find me' - some gospal also mention in the end of days...the first church was made for people who wanted to pray may have a place to go. when jesuse lived in preached in meadows in other people houses and so forth. the preist thougth that it would be nice for people to have a place to go and pray since not every can host a little shin dig in their house so they made a chruch hence the name the house of god. though over the years it has gone all messed up. you dont go to chruch you dont belive in him. chruch was a place to go if you wished to pray there it was never an obligation.... i do research ^.^ i like studian religions especially christianiy and islam very intresting religions...
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Capricorn » Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:36 pm

Barb
I agree, you don't have to go to church to believe or to pray.It may not always be possible anyway. You can pray in your mind any where at all. I do know of some people who put themselves forward as being such Christian people, going to Church every week, but in their lives they are real B*!**!*!s .....Church is all for show!! Don't think much of them :evil:

Luc
Some very interesting research there! I am interested in religions too. I used to study religion as one of my subjects when I was at college a long,long time ago. I can't remember half what I learned now, but still find it interesting. Will have to learn some more when I have time. Let me know anything interesting you find out,I like to have things to think about! :D
Capricorn

Postby bingholic98 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:43 pm

that's right cap I think everyday living means more than going to church and being nice one day of the week. Alot of them are hypocrites don't you think . :?: Some go and talk about what so and so is wearing. I don't care. :shock:
bingholic98

Postby Dreamer » Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:49 pm

I always liked the Verse in the Bible that said "Love one another for God is of love. He that does not know love does not know God for God is love." I may have it wrong it has been some years since I reread the words.

But to me that meant God is in each and every one of us. Love is in the heart of each man and it is in his own power to find it and give it and live it. It is the one thing that ties all human beings together. The search, the need, the desire, and the sharing of Love.

You can't find love in a church though it may be there. You can't buy it in a store though it might be there. But if you look within your own heart you will find the answers and when you find your own love you no longer feel empty or alone. Because a true love glows from within and other love is attracted to it. And with love anything is possible...
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Capricorn » Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:07 pm

That is so true,Dreamer. It's the person that reflects Gods love not a builing.I do hate those people who think that going to church will help to make them into something that they're not!
Capricorn

Postby Dreamer » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:23 pm

In Answer to Luc's request

There were two times in particular that I heard the "voice" of an angel or God himself. The first time:

I used to be with a man who was violent. I was living in my wilder days where I hung out with rock musicians and went dancing with my girlfriends all the time. Most of my girlfriends used to cheat on their boyfriends. For some reason I didn't do that ...but anyway. One particular night I was watching a friend's band play at a nearby club.

I was sitting at a table with my girlfriends when my "boyfriend" came in making quite a scene not wanting to pay the cover charge saying he had just come to pick me up. Well to say the least I wasn't leaving with him because I wasn't ready to go home yet. Not to mention I knew he had been drinking and was angry. I stayed out till about 4 that morning not wanting to go home.

When I got there, as I feared, he had drank himself into a frenzy. He was right in my face screaming, calling me names, and calling my friends names, pushing all the buttons trying to make me angry enough to fight. I didn't want to take the bait.

He started shoving me around and I knew what would come next. I was scared, tired, and not in the mood for this. (I could have whooped his butt had I really wanted too) I remember thinking oh please not again...

That's when I heard it. A masculine voice inside me said loudly and in a commanding way said "Read the bible". Oh yeah, I thought, Perhaps I had a few too many to drink myself. But again it came more forceful than before. "Read the Bible!"

I remember thinking, what the heck, nothing else ever worked. I had recently been going to church with my girlfriend and who was I to question a strange event like this. So I went into the bedroom and laid down on the bed still clothed and took my bible from the head board of the bed and started reading by just opening up the book to any page.

In the mean time my "boyfriend" was still raging. He was screaming at me and trying to flip over the mattress of the bed and tip me to the floor. I just tried to continue reading. The voice spoke to me again. This time it said "Read it outloud" So what the heck...

I started reading it aloud. The verse said something about casting out the tongues of my enemies. After reading a couple lines. He stopped in his tracks he fell silent just looking at me in a stunned sort of way. He then left the room laid down on the couch and went to sleep. No more raging anger or words were spoken.

I get chills just thinking about it. Though I have looked many times to find the verse that I read aloud that evening I have never been able to find it again.

That was the most highly unlikely thing to happen. Our battles never ended like that. Usually someone was bleeding or blackend when it was over. But not this time.

The second time was really strange.

Like I said before I ran with a wild crowd. There was one guy that was kind of respected by most people. He was a near crippled biker. He sold drugs and was known to carry a gun. Though underneath he had a sort of gentle nature if that makes any sense. He was always sort of a quiet watcher at the bar when I seen him. People said he was always in pain and it had been getting worse. His name was Tim.

One night I was sitting at the bar. Sometimes I sat there and only drank soda or orange juice and sprite. This was one of those nights. I heard the voice again. I know it was the same masculine voice I had heard before. This time the voice wanted me to do something very out there. It told me to tell Tim "God needed to talk to him." No way I thought. This was not a person I wanted to approach and say such an absurd thing. Not a guy in a biker gang who sold drugs and had a gun. No matter how calm I had seen him.. I thought no way. I thought him un approachable So I didn't do it.

Things started getting really complicated in my life after that. Bills were piling up that I couldn't pay. I started having problems at work.. Life was just sort of getting out of hand. The fights with my boyfriend had esculated ,

Everytime I seen Tim I knew in my mind I was ignoring the voice and I felt a pang of nagging guilt. Each time I refused to do it my life seemed to get worse.

Finally after about a month of refusing to listen to the voice I seen him again. In my heart and head I knew I had to do it. As strange and weird as it was I knew I had to. I seen my chance. He went up and was going to play some music on the juke box.. I walked up to him. And said "I know you don't know me very well and this is going to sound really strange but I have a message for you. Please don't think me crazy."
He looked at me and in his gentle way told me it was okay .. "God says he wants you to phone home" There I did it.. now what .. I sounded so insane. I again appologized for my strangeness. He looked directly at me and said it wasn't so strange at all. That a long time ago he had been a very religious person. That he had given it up. He told me he would do it.

He didn't treat me likes some crazed holy roller or avoid me. Everytime he seen me after that he always made eye contact and gave me a kind knowing smile.

After I had done my part my life got better very much better. I dumped the jerk boyfriend and started getting my life together. I ended up buying a house. In the house I bought there was a room I hadn't seen when I first looked at it. The room had a wood beam ceiling and the wood beam made the sign of a cross. I always knew it was the house that God gave me. But that's another story.....

Three months later Tim died. People said his pain got too much to bare and he was doing way too many drugs to counteract it. I heard he took out his guns and shot them into the air like some drunken cowboy. He gave a party whoop and then ended his suffering.
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby bingholic98 » Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:07 pm

oh dreamer THis story made me realize my disability happened, to make me happy . God knew it was time for me to have a peaceful life. people being nice to me and me appreciating it. I have to believe that and in angels otherwise none of this makes sense. :) 8)
bingholic98

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings