Explicit Poems

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

How should explicit poems be posted? (lust/erotica, strong language, graphic cutting poems)

separate new website
15%
with warning (Same site)
38%
just leave things as they are
46%

Total votes : 13

Postby Stacey » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:49 pm

Here is a website that has just children's poetry.

http://www.gigglepoetry.com/poemssilly/ ... hymes.html

suitable for any 7 yr old :D

maybe your niece would be interested Hushy...

by the way.. my name is not leah, it's stacey
Stacey

Postby hushy2 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:42 pm

thanks for the info,
sorry I got ya name mixed up. :D
The teachers set us rules,but never told us they were there to be broken.
hushy2

Postby Tarna » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:05 pm

I have to wonder that if there had been a warning if the child or the school in this instance would have heeded it. I too fault the adults in charge for letting a child go unsupervised on the internet. My problem would be with the school and not the website.

You can tell a child they can watch TV but it is important that you see what they are watching. Telling then what they can watch and not watch. It is the same thing.

It takes experience to learn and questions about this experience is how children learn . I do hope you took the time to explain it to the little one. So that she learned properly and with love.

My grand child comes over to my house and wants to use the internet I am always within watching and reading distance.

I am with the others here thinking that people who read from the site should be mature enough to know they can choose what they want to read and not read what they don't. And that what it said is not always to be taken literal as well.

My vote is leave things as they are

Tarna
Tarna

Postby Xeracy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:34 am

In my opinion, I think that a warning won't do much anyways. The only people that you think would even care are the parents and they probably aren't around looking over their kid's shoulder. A seperate website would be nice, but why does there have to be segregation? Personaly I'm one of the darker poets here, and somehow I've managed to keep it fairly clean. If your of the explicit variety, just find someone else here to share those darker poems with. I've written a lot of stuff that will never be able to make it here for the reason that I would like to keep this place clean enough to go through filters so that more people can enjoy this place just as much as I have.

Let the children play!!! :)
kinda like a cloud i was up way up in the sky
and i was feeling some feelings you wouldn't believe.
sometimes i don't believe them myself
and i decided i was never coming down.
Xeracy

Postby poisonivy60 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:20 pm

I believe Stacy said it all...
our poems are our feelings..they may be dark sometimes...
If you don't like them..do what I do...don't read them...
keep children supervised when on the internet...
With every breath...There is hope
poisonivy60

Postby Leah06 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:35 pm

aw the 7 yr old has the same name as me! AWSOME! yea i think that if you are going to change anything then put up a warning lable. a new site is too much work and it would suck to have to have 2 different site with somones poetry on it. if anything, just put up a warning.... but i wouldnt do anything at all, they can keep complaining, they should be watching their kids and what they are reading what part of "abuse, dark thoughts, and cutting" is hard to understand?
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby rubydragon » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:17 am

Most of the Greatest poems ever written where dark and haunting, some even violent, Tennyson's poems were Dark,as was William Butler Yeats, and especially Edgar Allan Poe. It's the passion of the heart and the feelings of the soul. If an adult or a child is going to read they will find things even more intense than just on a website, it is everywhere, even libraries. However, for safety reasons and to protect this site I believe that Dreamer should place a warning, thus giving the reader a choice, they will know how explicit the poem is, if they choose to read it they were warned. But bearing in mind some people of any age look for things with warning labels beacuse they like the dangerous feeling it emmits.

If there is a warning, and the reader is offended or worse, then Dreamer and her site is protected as there is a warning.

Loving you all, every day.
RubyD
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Ginger Fish » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:28 pm

hushy2 wrote:I went to visit her just last week,and she said to me "if I get a bit of glass and slit my wrists,is that the quickest way to die?" she told me she had been "trying" to read and understand the poems on the site.

a 7 year old should not have to read this,
but I suppose Im one of them that has to always complain about something a. :roll:

Hushy, the question is, did you already know that kind of poetry existed on the site? If so, you can probably understand why I would say that you then have no reason to complain if you gave her the address to this site with that knowledge already in your possession.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as the rest of it goes, the poems are categorized. People should realize that if they go to a rated R movie and there is cussing, killing, and sexual content that they shouldn't run out of the theater screaming for censorship. You made the choice to read the poems in the "cutting", or "dark thoughts", etc. Therefore you should probably expect something a little less than dandilions and waterfalls. A simple "explicit content" warning might go a long way, but I see no need for it when the categories already do such a good job at identifying the type of content you'll probably encounter in the poems that lie therein.

Just my 2 cents.
Ginger Fish

Postby Luc » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:59 pm

ginger fish has a point.
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Seizure » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:49 pm

does this mean profanity is allowed again?

i've been trying to cater to schools, kids, etc that would be viewing the site by not submitting my darker, violent, or profane... but i have a lot to submit if this is no longer an issue...
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings