Explicit Poems

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

How should explicit poems be posted? (lust/erotica, strong language, graphic cutting poems)

separate new website
15%
with warning (Same site)
38%
just leave things as they are
46%

Total votes : 13

Postby Dreamer » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:18 am

As I have said before your poetry is always welcome I will "*" out the vowel in a cuss word but that is all I have ever done or will do unless it is really extremely sexual or extremely violent, then I will let you know why I did not post it. Long as they are in the appropriate categories I don't see a problem with any of your writing nor have I ever.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby rubydragon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:10 pm

rubydragon wrote:Most of the Greatest poems ever written where dark and haunting, some even violent, Tennyson's poems were Dark,as was William Butler Yeats, and especially Edgar Allan Poe. It's the passion of the heart and the feelings of the soul. If an adult or a child is going to read they will find things even more intense than just on a website, it is everywhere, even libraries. However, for safety reasons and to protect this site I believe that Dreamer should place a warning, thus giving the reader a choice, they will know how explicit the poem is, if they choose to read it they were warned. But bearing in mind some people of any age look for things with warning labels beacuse they like the dangerous feeling it emmits.

If there is a warning, and the reader is offended or worse, then Dreamer and her site is protected as there is a warning.

Loving you all, every day.
RubyD

I'm sticking with what I wrote.
Love to all
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Previous

Return to Poems and Writings