Online Poetry Readings

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Online Poetry Readings

Postby Dreamer » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:19 pm

I have been working on a request that someone made for poetry readings on the site I am not sure how much interest people will have in this but here is what I am looking for

I need to see if anyone can send me poem readings BUT..... (and it is a big BUT at this point) It has to be recorded and sent to me by email at 16Kbps, 11025 Hz. Mono MP3 which will make it under 1 meg by email any bigger will cause problems for me right now. So if you can't get your mp3s that small or under a meg PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SEND THEM TOO ME NOW

I am only testing things out at this time. I want to see if anyone of you can get your stuff to that size on your own and how they sound put together in a stream with other poets.

If this can not be done on your end would you be willing to have me read your work in order to add it to the stream?

For those that aren't familiar with streaming, this is heard by clicking on a link and then like a radio it plays through your computer speakers. I am thinking a variety of people reading will be better than just me. My voice is soothing and tends to put people to sleep after a while hehe..

I would like to do this updating a new stream every so often with new content.

Okay I know you want a sample.. Keep in mind this is a beta, Not ready for public test, of what I am working on. It is not perfect. (One poem is missing totally) It is not for the "general public" readers of the site right now. I am just trying to get some people to test this and see if it works for them. And get some input and help.

http://www.dreamersreality.com/sounds/poem_readings.htm

The top link will stream all the poems the links of the poem titles will play only one poem at a time.

Or if you would not mind me reading your poems for you, if you cannot record them yourself, let me know.... It would add to the variety of the content

Please let me know if you got it to work and what you think if you would.

And anyone that can send me their work as mentioned above I can add to the test.

Thanks
Dreamer
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby rubydragon » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:07 am

Hey Dreamer, Glad you have gotten this far, I tried the link but it wouldn't do it on this end in fact it caused problems with my real player, still not sure why, it could be my side I will look into it.

I still think it's a great idea and hopefully I will have the equipment by the end of the month to drop down to under 1 meg, I will keep ya updated.

Ruby
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Dreamer » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:15 pm

hmmmm dang real audio. One of the reasons I decided to stream in mp3 instead of realaudio.

Ruby if you would, could you try a right click on the link and "open with" to your mp3 player and see if that works?

I will try looking into the problem myself and see what I can come up with thanx for letting me know
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby RinRin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:27 pm

I was able to hear the links in Windows Media Player. They sound great, Dreamer! :)

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby rubydragon » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:54 am

Hey Dreamer I tried that but my right click window doesn't have the "open with" option, I'm not sure why.

rubydragon

Postby rubydragon » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:04 am

Ok, solved the problem, I completely removed my realplayer, apparentely it was causing other problems on my PC as well.

The link automatically sent it through my windows media player, and Dreamer I still think you have a cute voice.
:D

rubydragon

Postby Dreamer » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:33 am

glad to hear you got it to work Ruby. I have problems with my system when Real Audio is in it also. I think it tries to take over too many of my other media players functions. I use too many different devices and programs, with many different codecs for one thing to try and take over like that

So any takers on adding their own poetry to my streaming project..?????? Or am I wasting my time here...
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby RinRin » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:05 pm

Well, I would if I knew how to do all of it...I'm afraid that I'm not too savvy on all of this streaming stuff and getting it all under 1 whateveritwas...hehe...i do know how to record it and all, but not any of the compressing...but hopefully someone will be able to make use of it! I'd hate for you to have done all of this figuring it out and then no-one is able to or wants to...someone's got to come through! Any takers???

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby hushy2 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:21 am

interested but does not play on real player,very confused with all this "streaming" stuff
The teachers set us rules,but never told us they were there to be broken.
hushy2

Postby Dreamer » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:37 pm

It's not suposed to play on real player it is an mp3 file
Dreamer
Site Admin

Next

Return to Poems and Writings