Online Poetry Readings

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby hushy2 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:07 am

sorry!
The teachers set us rules,but never told us they were there to be broken.
hushy2

Postby Dreamer » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:09 pm

no prob :) I wanted to use a sound feed everyone should be able to listen to without adding new software. Especially something like realplayer that tends to try and take over and mess up other programs you may already be using.. Not to mention that real audio wants people to pay to stream their content when mp3 technology is freely given. I always will chose free and most widely used technology when possible.

Becky
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Dreamer » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:48 pm

IF any one of you is interested in letting me read some of your poems with credit to you as author for the first feed let me know so I can add some.

I want to see what the interest in this project will be before I work any further on this.

So far interest in this is not looking too promising by the little bit I have heard here. Though I don't really know how many people are actually browsing though here these days.

I don't want to waste time on something that no one really has any interest in.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby rubydragon » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:54 pm

Shut down your real player as it takes over as the dominant player, Then the link should work via your windows media player.
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby RinRin » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:59 am

You can read some of my poems, Dreamer. I dont' mind! :)

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby bingholic98 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:25 am

I'm sorry dreamer i have no idea what you are talking about I don't understand computer talk duhhhhh :lol: I'm not going to do anything different. ok
bingholic98

Postby rubydragon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:49 pm

Basically bingholic98, Dreamer is trying sort the website so we will be able to listen to some of the poets recite their work, all the computer talk is to let those who know how get involved with the idea so Dreamer can test it so far and see if it would work.

Hope that helps

RubyD
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Dreamer » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:47 pm

yeah Barb it pretty much what Ruby said.
Thanks Ruby.

Everything is on hold for a week or two I am currently in the midst of a move back to my main house and starting a new job. ( I haven't worked in 7 years let alone had to get up when I am usually going to bed)

So until I start to get comfortable with all the new stuff going on it is on hold. But I am still thinking about it and so in someways it is still in teh working mode

. Thanks everyone for your input I appreciate the help.

-Becky
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Seizure » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:53 pm

personally... i think it's a good idea... but i doubt enough people would check it out to warrant the space it would take and time to set up.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Dreamer » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:22 am

That project is on hold now anyway because of a lack of people with the knowledge of how to record their own work.

With my new job (that pays real money) it takes way too much of my time to allow me to do the recording myself. I was hoping more people could record their own work and without being able to figure out how to make it easy to do in a small enough format and to get them self uploaded safely. I am stuck at a road block on the project.
Dreamer
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings