A little help please?

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

A little help please?

Postby AngelWivWings » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:10 am

Hi everyone. I have been reading some of the poems here and all I can say is WOW. i love the way some of them make me feel, and the way you all put so much emotion into your work. I was wondering if it were possible to get some tips. I enjoy writting too, but I would love to come up with more original things instead of writting about similar things all the time.
AngelWivWings

Postby Dreamer » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:37 am

I like to look at an object of some sort and think about what it might say if it could talk. That sometimes creates a different type of poem.

Writing in metaphor is always fun too. . writing about one thing and meaning another is a trick that poets have used for hundreds of years. such as the word sun. It can mean the sun or it can mean light or brightness or even son. Many words can mean many things. Play with the meanings of words.

If you want to play with your writing skills there is a area in the forum where we would pick a topic and write a poem about it. It will help you to stretch your boundries too. Just because the game part is over doesn't mean you can't still add to them. Poetic Fun I believe is the part of the forum.

Hope this helps a little to get that creativity flowing.....

-Becky
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby bingholic98 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:07 am

I just write what I feel if I don't like what I hear or see I write about how I feel at the time. and I checkout the other ideas from other poets. hope this helps. :)
bingholic98

Postby AngelWivWings » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:22 am

Thank you very much to both of you. I'll try out the Poetic Fun section. I do usually write about how i feel, kind of like writing a diary. But I would love to improve. Thanks again :wink:
AngelWivWings

Postby rubydragon » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:30 am

Write what you feel, bring from deep within your heart and soul, that is where most of the hidden pain lies, the place where love resides.

It is very often that I write similar things, some so similar that they are almost identical to past poems.
To me that is saying that I need to write, but cannot get the words out, so I keep writing until they flow.
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Lenea33 » Wed May 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi, I am trying to write a poem for my little sister's high school graduation and its due on 05-08-06; not far away at all. The theme for graduation is "Never Ending, Still Beginning", I'm having trouble writing this poem. I've never had trouble with writing poems, except for this one. That's why she asked me to help her. I've done research and everything on trying to find the perfect words, but I still can't find anything. Can you please help me? I would greatly appreciate the help? :)
Lenea33

Postby Dreamer » Wed May 03, 2006 9:58 pm

What do you have so far
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Seizure » Thu May 04, 2006 8:35 am

I suck at poetry.. but I can make a couple suggestions when I see where you're at.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Dreamer » Wed May 10, 2006 6:09 pm

guess she must have figured it out herself
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Leah06 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:31 am

im working on my own grad poem. for i am also graduating this year. wow.... its coming up so fast. june 16th yay! :cry:
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Next

Return to Poems and Writings