Pitches

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Pitches

Postby RinRin » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:53 pm

Hey everyone! I got an idea...

Here, pitch your ideas for stories. In other words, write out a summary of a story you wish to write in the future. Post as many as you want! Pitch ones you wish to be published for. Then, comment on pitches you read from others - tell them if you think their pitch will be successful or not. Suggest things - make their summary more complete with your suggestions. Of course, these are YOUR IDEAS and no one else's, so everyone be polite and don't steal ideas! This is simply to inspire and encouarge aspiring writers.

Here's one from me. I figured out that for me, starting out, children's stories and young adult stories are easiest to write, and most fun! I hope to eventually upgrade to adult fiction, but for now, I've got some plots in my head that are more suited toward teenagers.

Summary for:

"Glittering Hawthorne"

Born and raised on a huge farm in the middle of North Carolina, a young girl named Amma Hawthorne finds peace in her existence. She rides horses and runs barefooted, without a care in the world for sixteen years. When her mother suddenly dies of heart failure, her life takes a sharp turn. Her father whisks her away to a private girls’ school in Chicago, Illinois, while he attempts to keep his hard-earned job at a slaughter house, where cows are killed and processed. Amma is alone and hateful, believing that nothing would ever be the same, and she would never see her beautiful farm again. Until she meets two teenagers that make her life more bearable, she is stuck inside a school full of snotty rich girls who look at Amma with disgust. She learns to survive in the city, to defend herself, and more importantly, she learns the definition of “glittering.”

Amma sees glamour in everything in Chicago. All anyone cares about is glamour; they want to glitter. She is caught up in that theory, until soon she realizes that all that glamour and glitter results in nothing satisfactory in the end. Amma learns to glitter in her own way. She's a small-town girl, not a big-city girl, and her glitter is real.

Hope this topic stimulates the writer in us all! :)
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby Stacey » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:32 am

That was pretty darn good Rin Rin. Looks like something i'd be interested in reading. :)
Stacey

Postby RinRin » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:34 am

thanks! I'm working on it :D

Anybody else?
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Return to Poems and Writings