A poem I came up with.. [Strong Language involved]

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Terrie* » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:54 am

like Becky said "God is love' too often we allow ourselves to believe in the worst, we fail to realize just how Blessed we truely are, by the way Leah that was a beautiful comment ..i feel the same way as you, my job basically takes up all of my time ,if it wasn't for my Best friend Ben Laney, i would of never have known 'bout Dreamers, i also would of never had the opportunity to have had the chance to get to meet Becky, yourself, Tricia, Clive , John and Meri, you are all terrific people yes my second family and i love you all! i love comin' here after a hectic day at work, i cain release my emotions here and i have one good friend whom always happens to be there for me , when i need him the most and i thank God everyday for him, so you see Mike there is a GOD, he has ways to bring people together even if is through cyberspace, Rubydragon and Leah found LOVE, (Congratulations R & L) we all connect we all understand and have been at a low point in our life and there are so many compassionate people here too numerous to mention.Like Icicle Tears mentioned i too have turned against God and cain ya believe he still loved me?? your writin' is an expression and i feel your anger, feelin' as i do now about the whole spiritual thing , i know in time you too will feel it, one thing that i find sad in this life is that it takes some form of hardship to finally believe and feel God, have you ever witnessed a BIRTH or a DEATH ? my Job gives me that opportunity to witness both...if God didn't exist, nither would a conception exist ,the miracle of a human life bein' formed... think about it?? not all prayers will be answered in the way we all want, they are answered the best way God cain answer them. like icicle tears said "God is within us just look for him, he is in your heart' i believe i may have taken up more space than i should have..
Terrie*

Great poem!!!

Postby An Angel in Tears » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:06 am

Hey Mike! I absolutley love your poem. :P But then I tend to like all things which are out of the ordinary. :wink: I never believed in god or other spiritual beings,and I just feel that people who they themselfs believe,want others to believe.That kinda makes my head boil over. :x All I wish to say,is that I feel, those who believe in god and jesus and so on,believe because they need that believe inorder to get out of bed every morning,and sometimes even breath.But to those who don't,why should they be a target of those who believe?Just because non-believers can live their life without religion,it does not allow believe's to say non-believers are wrong in not believing!

My word!I think I mentioned 'believe' and 'believer's' wayyyy to many times...:P
Once more,great poem Mike.:lol:
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert E.
An Angel in Tears

Postby Leah06 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:00 am

Tears~ I am afraid to say that you are wrong. I believe but i have never once tried to force my belifs apon somone else. Nor do i wake up everymorning because of my beliefs. I wake up because there is so much to look forward to in life. poetry, learning new things, hoping to meet your soulmate, and so much more. I breath because it keeps me alive, why die when there is so much i have left to experience?
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby An Angel in Tears » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:26 am

Leah06, what I meant to say, is that for some, obviously not all people ,faith or belief helps them live. They don't feel all alone in the world. I have been told by an old friend, when he was goin’ through crap, that is the only reason he woke up in the morning, and faith has allowed him to be strong and help him go through his rough patch in life. And I have personally experienced, people try and force me to believe, by tell me that god exists and asking me the same old questions, such as if there is no god, who created earth? Or where are we from? And so on. I just think that if someone doesn't believe, then why in the world does she/he have to? Just so where all 'right' because someone said that the being exists ?
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert E.
An Angel in Tears

Postby SilentAbyss » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:13 am

Think about it, if God were to show himself what would happen? they would kill him as they did his son, that is if he hasn't been already, who knows?

Ok, but doesn't that show that God is a coward? He'd rather hide and let 'his creations' suffer than come out and do something about it.. What's the use in that?
"Will you still hold me when you see what I have done, Will you still kiss me the same?"

- Atreyu "The Crimson"
SilentAbyss

Postby SilentAbyss » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:16 am

IcicleTears wrote:Christ does give a poop, that's the whole reason he is on the crucifix, for our sins, all of us. even YOURS, say what you will about God he will always forgive and understand, that's one of the reaons why I love him, I turned against him, but when I needed him the most he was still there to forgive me, and keep me alive.
God doesn't test you or harm you, but he is there to help you thropugh when you are tested by yourself, God doesn't cause suffering but he is there to guide you through. God is within us all if we just look for him.

Ok, I'll give you that Christ on the crucifix comment.. But again, about God. What you're trying to tell me is that just by saying a prayer, that will get rid of all your problems? See, that's what I don't understand.
"Will you still hold me when you see what I have done, Will you still kiss me the same?"

- Atreyu "The Crimson"
SilentAbyss

Postby Stacey » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:48 pm

I think you're supposed to solve your own problems.
I've always felt that a prayer was some hope, some comfort. It's a great feeling to know that you're never completely alone.
Stacey

Postby rubydragon » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:54 pm

No that just shows that if man is going to turn there backs then why should he waste his time.

I am not asking for anyone to believe, everybody has there own choices, I believe, I have my faith and no-one can shatter that.

An Angel in Tears.
You don't belive yet you use a heavenly symbol as your "i.d." I personally find that hypocritcal

I do not force anyone to believe in or out of my poetry, BUT displaying a poem that abuses religion is the complete and equal opposite to me displaying a poem on praising religion which if I were to do would be just as objected and then having "nonbelievers" trying to convert me into not believing.

Either point of view would provide an unjust and unfair argument/debate to everyone and everything.

Religious debates and beliefs have caused numerous wars over history.

It is also my firm belief that this thread and well worded poem is going to cause trouble.
now I say we end the thread now before it does, and whilst we still have some respect left!!!
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Dreamer » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:19 pm

topic closed
Dreamer
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Poems and Writings