Pick a poem

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Pick a poem

Postby Dreamer » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:06 pm

Of all the poems on the site What is your favorite poem you have read? Who is the author and What made that poem stand out over there rest?
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby xeverettx » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Wow this is a tough one. I have a lot of fav poets on this site.

Right now i will say my fav is "Cutting My Knees" by LinzAy who is my fav poet :D

I remember when i first read it i could relate to it so much! Everytime i look back at this poem it still gives me the chill i had the first time i read it. its a beautiful poem and i love it!
"I've Broken Both My Legs Falling For You..."
xeverettx

Postby LinzAy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:04 pm

I cant remember which poem it is of Seizures (at work can't search) but I was searching google for poetry sites and came across his. It struck me as different...long but intense the whole way thru to keep your interest.

Aw...Ev, you're too sweet! I didn't realize you liked that one so much. I had to go back and read it. It's wierd how others find certain writings of yours really good when you feel it may not be....
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Emery » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:53 am

i think i like everett's poem 12-31-84-1-1-04. i thought it was really clever how made 2 poems into one and how when u read it all together it still sounds like one poem. i thought it was until i read the authors note and saw that every other line was a different poem.

neato
"It's that moment when your eyes seem to spread aspersions, and to scream at the insipid sky parting clouds..."
-From Autumn to Ashes
Emery

Postby xeverettx » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 pm

hey thanks :)
"I've Broken Both My Legs Falling For You..."
xeverettx

Re: Pick a poem

Postby Meri Zuriel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Don't have a favorite poet, neither a favorite poem. There are so many talented writers on the site, that this rectangular box can't hold them all. It's hard for me to choose just one.

But I'd pick two random poets off the top of my head: Mark Spencer and Will Berry. These two men are just able to flow like it ain't nothing. Can't decide on any one poem of theres; they're all good.
Live for you, love you, be true to you, do and speak right.
Meri Zuriel

Postby Seizure » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:15 am

Well, it's a difficult thing for me to answer because I don't know who actually wrote it. Peg had several back in the day, but it turned out she stole some of the poems she claimed credit for.

There were some very powerful poems I read from LinzAy, Leah06, Dreamer, RubyDragon, and I got a lot of inspiration from countless others.

I'm thrilled this site is still here.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Dreamer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:36 pm

still here but like a long empty stage
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Seizure » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:00 am

Dreamer wrote:still here but like a long empty stage

What do you mean? Seems like several people are still submitting their work, some of which never took the extended hiatus that I did.

Are the unique hits down? Anything I can do to help out?
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Dreamer » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Surprizingly enough most people have taken hiatis' for quite a while.. Just in the last month a few people have started posting again. There have been a couple that have remained steady over time. I think alot of people have been going to college and starting families and life after school which took them away from writing for a while. But it always wonderful to see the old faces come back and submit some work..

The unique hits on the site are not what they used to be. I seem to have been lost among the paid rankings in the search engines. Not too sure what anyone can do about it. But I don't have any plans on closing the doors on the site. It's a home to many of us even if some just pop in from time to time. :)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Next

Return to Poems and Writings