When did you start writing?

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

When did you start writing?

Postby Dreamer » Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:00 am

I have been a writer since I was young. I started structured writing of songs when I was about 15 and got my first guitar. Later it turned into poetry. Poetry makes is easy as there are no rules .. not to mention no necessary puctuation (which I think is highly over rated except for periods and an occasional comma. )

How bout you??
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby everett » Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:14 pm

I started a couple years ago. In Highschool I had to do alot of creative writing and thats when i started writing stuff of my own. I started writing some short stories and eventually got into poetry. Right now im working on a movie script, and still writing some poems.
everett

Postby Dreamer » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:23 pm

That sounds really interesting what genre of screen play is it. I have never attempted to write one of those.. I have a problem with dialog when writing.

Poetry is a nice fill in when you are working on a larger project too.
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby everett » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:48 pm

yeah ive been working on this screen play for a while now. It started out as a slasher but now i changed it and its going to be a Drama/comedy. Serious but with some humor. im a bit of a movie freak so i looked into how to wrte a screen play. I found out how and been trying ever since. Its just i always seem to find myself rewriting a part or starting all over again. Its frustrating. The dialog is tough but im gunna keep at this project until i finish!
everett

Postby Luc » Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:53 pm

i've been writing since 7th grade only about two years back. we were to write a poem on whatever so i wrote one. my teacher then told me that she saw good stuff in me. that i was a talented writier. my social studies teacher also told me that i write good short stories. all that praise really got me writing. sense then i started writing.
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

writing

Postby bingholic98 » Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:06 pm

I didn't take my writing serious until I had my operation. then all my thoughts i put on paper. I worked hard and found out that didn't do any good .I still had my family and friends.just now I had time to do what I want, time for family, friends and writing. :)
bingholic98

Postby Capricorn » Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:05 pm

I was never good at writing when I was younger. If the teacher said write a poem, my mind went blank! It was a couple of years ago, every time I had a bad experience, or felt very strongly about something the only way I could cope with the emotions I felt was to write. It was and is therapy for me. The more emotional I feel, the better I write!
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

writing

Postby bingholic98 » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:11 pm

yes cap I do my best writing when Life sucks Hhha Ha I write down my feelings too. It helps me understand why I felt that way or why I was upset. :)
bingholic98

Postby bingholic98 » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:14 pm

gee this is fun dreamer :)
bingholic98

Postby Capricorn » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:43 am

(Referencing a post self-removed by Seizure)

If you can't stop writing Seizure it's probably because you have a lot of deep emotions you need to come to terms with. That's what happens to me anyway. When I get very emotional about things, writing becomes automatic - don't have to stop & think. I like your latest poem `All I have' - feel it has similar sentiments to the last poem I posted called `Life is a Bastard!' I expect you're busy with moving, but post a poem whem you can. So many people enjoy your writing.
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Next

Return to Poems and Writings