The internet

Almost Anything Goes

Is dating somone over the internet wrong?

Yes
22%
No
22%
It depends
56%

Total votes : 9

The internet

Postby Leah06 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:42 pm

My friend is in love with somone over the internet. He lives in like florida or somwhere whay across the contry (we live in California) Is that wrong? :?
Leah06

Postby RinRin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:50 pm

believe me, many of my friends have internet huns, and it does get complicated...especially if the two are really far away from each other...also, you can never really trust anyone you haven't even seen face to face yet...just my opinion, but whatever floats your friend's boat! if she really is "in love" with him then...more power to her! i just hope she doesn't get hurt...

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby xeverettx » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:17 pm

well i was in a long distance internet relationship for 3 years. Im in Texas and she was in Illinois. i thought this could actually work...we made plans to meet and everything, but then the lies came. turns out she sent me a fake picture, and i found out she was lying about much more. we broke up a few months ago. i dont think its wrong to be in a internet relationship but you just gotta be careful, and dont put too much trust in a person that you havent met and thats so far away.
"I've Broken Both My Legs Falling For You..."
xeverettx

Postby Seizure » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:27 am

You don't have to be anymore careful meeting someone online than you do in a singles bar. If the person's serious about a potential relationship, they won't lie about it.

Side note... I guess I shouldn't talk though considering I've never gotten involved in an internet relationship before. I always personally saw it as pointless... but I know it works wonders for other people... so if that's your thing.. I see nothing wrong with it.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Sax » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:00 am

For me it would depend.... If the one person is cheating on there local girl/boyfriend then YES it's wrong. But if not than it's all good. But if chance allows two honest internet goers to become an online couple and they both fall in love with each other, than theres nothing you can ask of them because what they have is one of the purest forms(if not the purest) of love. Because you love them for who they are, for there personality. Not how large or small there breasts are, how short or tall they are, how fugly or angelic they look, you are in love with WHO they are, not what they are.

(kinda spoken from experiance......)
I can sleep when I'm dead!!!!! >=O

www.geocities.com/whnstudio
It's a plug yeah, but buy my artwork!
Pleeeaaaasssseee??? *puppy eyes*
Sax

Postby Dreamer » Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:21 pm

I know someone who met on the internet came to our country and got married to his sweety and not just to come to america he was doing really well in Holland. He really fell in love.

Personally I personally in real life have met many many of the people I have met on the internet originally. My trips to Scotland were to visit with a friend I met here. We had chatted for 3 years and I had some other back up internet pals over in that direction too incase I got into some trouble. But then again that was when the internet was a bit newer and it was a bit easier to believe what you read.

But great care has to be taken at these meetings. I have had several friends come and visit me too from over seas.

It is a strange meeting even when you have known someone for years on the internet when you first meet in real life. The eyes are great can really handicap a person.

Then again you are talking to a person who met her husband (of 11 years) in a personal ad in the newspaper.. I am not the norm by any means.

-Becky (shhh don't tell anyone that is a secret hehe)
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby bingholic98 » Tue May 24, 2005 9:20 am

To me you can say and be anything you want on the internet if it works for some good but it scares me even I have lied on the internet I said I was 92 and actually I'm 52 :)
bingholic98

Postby Dreamer » Wed May 25, 2005 12:06 am

Thing is I bet they didn't believe you hehe ....92 lol
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby rubydragon » Wed May 25, 2005 3:09 pm

I believe the internet can be like my heart, hurt if given to the wrong person, dangerous if misused, and very destructive if scorned.
But in the right hands, It can be very passionate, loving, and caring.

You cannot trust everybody, online or off, always be 100% honest and you wll be able to spot the lies that hurt. be careful.

You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (Faithless)

I found someone close to me over the internet, I have neglected her lately and I am sorry for that, I will make it upto her. I know I have placed my heart in the right hands.
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Leah06 » Wed May 25, 2005 4:32 pm

yea, the internet can hurt. sometimes without the other person knowing it. i gave my heart away awhile ago, he still has it. i had his also but im not sure he still wants mine or if i still have his. i wish he knew...
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Next

Return to Open Forum