How Deep Is Your Love?

Almost Anything Goes

How Deep Is Your Love?

Postby Meridian Zuriel » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:46 pm

Hey Dreamer, and others! Just wanted to have a sincere comment from someone about love, and is it skin deep? Meaning, do you look past acne on a person's face, do you look past crooked teeth, do you look past that bunion on a person's toe; (hahhahha) just kidding! DO you look at the heart, I'm not gonna lie, cause sometimes I don't. But, hit me back and let me know what ya think.
Meridian Zuriel

Postby Brenda Michelle » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:15 pm

i do.. i love evey with all my heart.... i cant really judge a person cause i am not that great myself... but everyone even i admit have judge people for how they look.. but when it come to my ture love, nothing at all can stand in the way of love.... looks no matter what.. the heart is the most important thing there is.. i love everett with every bit of my heart and nothing less...
Brenda Michelle

Postby Dreamer » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:19 pm

Hmmm. I believe true love is not skin deep. Much deeper. I will not say that I was not attracted to my husbands looks when I met him. And I too have some good features. But what we have is not based on that at all. It is a personality that really attracts me. The talent to make me smile and laugh, to be true.

I met my husband thru the newspaper personal ads. (Hehe it was before the internet.) So right off we were looking for things we had in common. Love is a strange thing. It seems to overcome all obsticals to be in the right place at the right time. And just happens when you least expect it.. like when you really don't expect it to happen. And decide you don't really need it to happen.

You know how moths are attracted to the light.
Love is too. Only in the case of Love its the light hearted its attracted too.

In answer to the direct question. My husband had no enamal on his teeth when I met him, Making them appear black. I was and am overweight. So i would say deffinately not. Only lust and infatuation is skin deep.

But it is very easy to admire beauty...
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Meridian Zuriel » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:59 pm

WOW DREAMER! You have a positive outlook on things!! I agree with you totally about the true definition of love, and how far it should go! Love should never have an ending because of one or two flaws. Because who you marry, you're no longer your own, you become one with that person! I congratulate you and your husband for understanding the true meaning of attraction, and the term, skin-deep!! I enjoyed reading your posted comment Dreamer, and I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Meridian Zuriel
Meridian Zuriel

Postby xeverettx » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:18 am

aww Brenda.. I Love you too :D
I never judge anyone by there looks or anything like that. Ive been judged before. its not very fun and i would never want to hurt anyones feelings. im one of the nicest people you would ever meet. although i am a bit shy. but anywho.... i really believe love definatly goes beyond looks. its about a connection of souls and common interests. its a beautiful thing when you find that person. I can look past any imperfection on a person and never judge before i get to know them.
"I've Broken Both My Legs Falling For You..."
xeverettx

Postby Leah06 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:13 pm

nothing is impossible eveey....lol
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Leah06 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:20 pm

i agree with all of you in certain points. if beauty was skin deep, i would be in troubly, like becky, i am over weight, but im not attractive at all. Love is so important to certain people and if it was skin deep, some peple would die single. To this day pepople look for the right type of person to "mate" with to have a perfect or close to perfect child. i find that discusting personally but its true. i try to never judge a book by its cover, but sometimes you just get caught up in the moment.
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby LinzAy » Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am

Skin deep love...I'm sorry to those who only go as far as that. Love should be the soul, the mind, the heart.....the beauty within that. I've found the beauty within someone and according to a comment on one of my poems from terrie I've fallen in love with that beauty. I noticed so many flaws when I first started hanging out with him, they've disappeared though. Everything about him now seems beautiful. I think that's part of what love should be.....flaws turned into beauty. I've never dated anyone just bc their looks satisfied me, in fact I've dated guys that vain people have questioned me and in a light way ridiculed me about. Just immaturity I suppose. Love has no limits..."skin" has no meaning.
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Leah06 » Mon May 03, 2004 5:20 pm

aww, lindzAy, i tottaly agree!
Leah06

Postby Meridian Zuriel » Mon May 03, 2004 6:30 pm

Yep, like your poem, "My Thoughts On What Love Should Be"!
Great job Lady L!
I agree too, Lady 2006!
Let's put our hands together for the ones who look beyond a few flaws, and see the person within!
:P :lol: :D :) :mrgreen:
Meridian Zuriel

Next

Return to Open Forum