I lost a friend..

Almost Anything Goes

I lost a friend..

Postby RinRin » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:56 am

Hi everybody, RinRin here.

I haven't posted here in a while. But I remember how you people are so helpful and caring when it comes to other people's problems. I think I need that right now...that care.

I have just ended the relationship with my best friend. We had been friends since 4th grade, (we're both graduated now), and it just ended, all of a sudden, just like that! This is not like all those other times...you know, when two friends get in a fight and make up the very next hour...it's not like that this time. This time..it's for real. And I can't believe it...
What's really bad, is that with this friendship, like dominos, toppled three other friendships. Just because of this one...One after the other just slipped away. I used to have bajillions of friends...now, I don't know who to turn to anymore besides the man I'm going to marry. I need something...I don't know what...just something. Something that will make me feel better...

I feel so lost...

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby Stacey » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:24 pm

welp ...

sometimes.. things change, including people . I'm sorry to hear of your loss of a friend, but you do still have some fond memories. right ? Try and cherish what you had.

On the good side ... This guy you're going to marry. ( best friend.. right? ) It's awesome that you have him to turn to.

More then likely you'll make new friends. Maybe even as a couple . There are sooo many wonderful people in this world to meet.
Stacey

Postby RinRin » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:28 pm

Yes, you're right...thank you for the encouragement, Stacey :D !

*RinRin*
RinRin

Postby rubydragon » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:08 am

I know the feeling, in the past Year, most of my really good friends (as I believed them to be) have walked away from me, even though I wasn't the one in the wrong. One of them I had been friends with for 10 years, but I have found that in the end. I knew I was right, and if they cannot accept me for me and stand by me the way I did for them, then maybe there not really worth the time and effort.

Unfortunately things will remain damaged for a while, and with every fallen friendship comes a certain amount of after effects. Watch out for these because if your not ready for them, they hurt just as much as the initial loss.

See if you can find what went wrong and learn from the experience.
And remember something I was told, In life the friends you can really count on and really trust, and would trust your life with, the ones you can go to and not be judge, are the ones for life and can be counted on one hand.
I have 4.

I'm always here if ya need me.
I believe in loyalty.

Hope I helped in some way
Ruby
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby RinRin » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:46 am

thank you ruby!! it's good to hear from someone who has gone through a similar dilemma...i appreciate your advice, and yes you helped immensley! hmm...if i counted how many true friends i have...it makes me feel a bit better - those friends are worth more than a million untrue friends! thanks again :D

*RinRin*
RinRin

Postby Dreamer » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Sorry to hear of your lost friendship.

As we get older our paths in life sometimes take us different directions. We leave some friendships behind and make many new ones. The ending is always sad and makes us lonely for a while.

I have parted ways with many "friends" over the years. But true friends never leave. They forgive. Some relationships are just not meant to be for some reason but are there for a while when we needed them most.

I believe whole heartedly that everything happens in life for a reason even though we don't always understand it at the time.

I hope you find the peace you need to get through your recent loss. You are lucky to have a significant other to hold onto in friendship and love..

I am sending all my best vibes towards you to help with the change....
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby RinRin » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:43 pm

Thank you Dreamer:)...see, this is what I love about you guys!! Everyone's ready and willing to help, no matter what they might be going through at the same moment...you're still eager to say some kind words. I'm feeling better about the whole situation now. I couldn't say thank you enough!!!

*RinRin*
RinRin

Return to Open Forum