substance

Almost Anything Goes

substance

Postby Xeracy » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:37 pm

I am sitting here wondering if this post is actually going to go anywhere because of possible incrimination, but here it goes anyway. What are your thought/feelings on drugs?
kinda like a cloud i was up way up in the sky
and i was feeling some feelings you wouldn't believe.
sometimes i don't believe them myself
and i decided i was never coming down.
Xeracy

Postby Tarna » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:52 pm

It really depends on what kind you are speaking of?

Doctor perscribed?
Recreational?
Marijuana?
Hard drugs?
Hallucinogens?

To me it makes a difference?

When I was in my late teens and 20s I partook in some recreational drugs that were around at that time. Not exactly sure why but I did. Once I became a parent that all changed. I didn't want my child to be able to say it was okay for them because her parents did it. I wanted them to make their own choices in life.

Now days I pretty much frown on all drugs that are man made. Pharmacuticals have way too many side effects and can kill a person they are trying to help. I think they are too freely given and the kick backs many doctors get for perscribing them makes them perscribe things that might not be needed let alone the most expensive they can. The prices are outragous.

I think marajuana has a real bad wrap and know people that have used it for many medicinal purposes over the years from dealing with migrains, ulcers, insomnia to helping people with chemo treatments for cancer. I don't judge them for it. If it works more power to them. But unfortunately illegal is illegal. I am happy to see some states passing laws to allow it for medicinal purposes and wish more would,.

I have watched good people throw their lives away to the stronger drugs like Meth and crack and cocaine and alcohol. Addictions that have destroyed their lives and the lives of their families.

And there is also the wonderful drug testing jobs now do but they don't test for alcohol........but that should be another thread....

Just my quarter
Tarna

Postby hushy2 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:47 am

I cannot bash anyone who takes drugs,as I have done pretty much most things,
and am still smoking cannabis.

I have a srtong view on cannabis,they reclasified it here in the uk about a year and a half ago,from class B to class C.(which in terms means if the police see with and catch you they only give you a caution).

But the problem with that is,children as young as 10 think its ok to smoke it,not knowing how powerful and dangerous it is.

its not the same stuff the smoked in the sixtys,its so much more powerful.

I have an addiction problem with it,I can go say a week without and I feel great,i know what i wanna do with my life,I start feeling upbeat,then suddenly BANG out of nowhere Im smoking it again.

And I think the huge problem is that it is so cheap.

I suppose the reason why I smoke it is to get away from the real world. :oops:
The teachers set us rules,but never told us they were there to be broken.
hushy2

Postby Xeracy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:43 am

I left the question as vague as I did so it would cause people to have a more wide spread conversation on the subject.

Personally I think , on average, the worst stuff out there is alcohol, legal dope, and crack. Alcohol greatly impairs your ability to think and causes serious depression and violence in people that aren’t that violent at all before drinking. Legal dope can cause you even more problems than you had before the doctor recommended you it. It has “side effects” of increased suicide attempts and it also sucks for those people to switch meds to get “better results”. Another thing about the legal stuff is most people I know that are on it constantly complain of not feeling themselves. If you’re not yourself, who are you? Crack heads are just really evil people for the most part.

The way that I see it is weed really isn’t much of a drug to me. I don’t think it’s that great unless you mix it other stuff…

Hallucinogens are great, but I really don’t see how people can do them constantly. Can you actually be addicted to them? Are there other long term side effects from them besides flashbacks?
Xeracy

Postby Xeracy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:44 am

The real world does suck in a sense, huh...
Xeracy

DRUGS!!

Postby silent witness » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:25 pm

on the subject of drugs--I frown upon ALL drugs! Drugs took my marriage and my home and my safety net. As a result Drugs turned my son and I into a statistic of Domestic Abuse. My husband used to get and try to OD when he didn't have pills he would beat me until I was hurt badly enough to have to go to the hospital for pain pills and then he would get them filled and leave me and my son at our home while he went out and "did" pills with his friends--So to make a long story short I finally decided I had had enough and left my husband shortly after that my husband started stealing and selling things to get money to buy drugs and NOW he has landed in jail because of it for the next 10 years of his life

Anyway just wanted to share my opinion
The only way to be hurt by others is by putting your faith in man instead of GOD
silent witness

Postby Xeracy » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:02 pm

Did you (silent witness) ever do drugs? I'm sorry that you had such a bad run in with them...
Xeracy

re xeracy

Postby silent witness » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:43 pm

Thanks. No I have never done any hard core drugs recreationally I mean. I am disabled so I have taken prescription pain meds 800 mg ibuprophen but as far as drugs no i haven't. I wasn't trying to step on toes i was just venting
The only way to be hurt by others is by putting your faith in man instead of GOD
silent witness

Postby Dreamer » Sun May 01, 2005 12:00 am

sounds like it was pretty understanding venting in the circumstances you were in. Sorry to hear things were so bad. Addictions such as his are horrible whether it be drugs or alcohol.

I have no problem with people that use recreational drugs long as it doesn't interfer with their life or others and they are adult and responsible with them. (staying off the roads and away from kids)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Return to Open Forum