So What is everyone doing these day????

Almost Anything Goes

Postby RinRin » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! How were everyone's holidays? Mine were mkay...Grandparents got to see my baby, so that was exciting! She got many many presents and was spoiled rotten, so she's quite the happy baby! :D New Year's was pretty fun too. I got drunk >.>...hehe! I rarely do that, so it was an adventure! Hope everybody had a great couple of weeks!

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

happy holidays!

Postby shan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:08 am

awww.. glad you and your baby had a good holiday!! it's great to get all together and have fun and spoil the little ones!!! heheee..

my christmas was unexplainable.. i flew back to massachusetts and spent it with my godmother and other aunts, uncles cousins, and my sisters.. good god, i missed my sisters so much!!! they've grown and matured soo much, and it was awesome seeing them all!!! i came home on the 27th, and by new years, i think the trips back and for across the country knocked me out.. lol i now have the flu, or SOMEthing.. so for new years, i didn't do much more than baist in bed and enjoy watching the good ol ball drop and calling it a night.. it was beautiful to see a new year come in though! glad yours was well too!! hehe!!!!
shan

Postby Dreamer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:55 pm

I had a pretty good couple of weeks off from work.. Just went back today.. The holidays filled pretty much every moment of my time off. I deep fried a few turkeys.. well my husband did, and I made all the stuff that goes with them close to a feast..

I didn't go up home for Christmas this year. We are going to alternate years between my family and my husbands. This year was spent pretty much with his family. On Christmas eve I invited some friends over and we had a pretty nice time did a bit of drinking not too much though..

New Yeats eve was pretty much uneventful. I was disenchanted with the musicians on the New Year Eve's shows on TV this year.. It was the first year in a lot of years that my husband was home with me AWAKE when the clock struck 12.. It was kind of neat to have someone to interact with at midnight..

I have a feeling it is going to be a great year with many great surprises for everyone..
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby RinRin » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:15 pm

So. My baby is almost five months old! It's crazy. She's rolling over and scooting around..pretty soon she's gonna start crawling! Then I'll have to watch out...we have stairs, and I'm horrified she'll fall down them! But we have a baby gate so hopefully that will be avoided! Also, I have made the decision to go into the Coast Guard! It was kinda up in the air before now, but now it's official. I think it'll be fun! I'll learn how to man a ship and how to swim and all kindsa neat stuff! Wish me luck :)

So how is everyone else? Nobody seems to be around. :(
RinRin

Postby Dreamer » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi RinRin.. hard to believe the baby is so old already.. Baby gates are pretty good these days.. Who is going to watch the baby while you are training?? Sounds like an exciting job..

Not too much going on here ... working mostly. We have just about finished the inside of the house except for some minor trim work here and there. I really need to update the pictures some.. But they just don't do the house justice..

I am getting pretty sick of the ice storms we have been having lately.. I am soooo ready for spring..
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Leah06 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:40 am

Hey everyone. Havent been in dreamers for awhile, i have been too buisy to even think to be honest. Right now I am getting sick too.. probly my body punishing me for not just relaxing and everything... anyways I am a full time student at the moment with 15 units. 2 of my classes are concidered to be med school courses so they are litterly killing me when it comes to studying. I knew it would be hard but i wasnt prepared for this degree in difficulty. Im majoring in Raidiology and if i think i can handle it im going to push myself to get my DR. degree... that just means i have 6 more years left of school...
Along with all of that i also have 3 jobs. (yes i am insane). I am still waitressing 4 to 5 days a week. however now i also nanny 3 times a week. AND as of this past week, i have another new job. I do the 9-5 thing being a receptionist at a skin care company. So yeah.. hardly time to even think let alone come online. And i am having dreamers reality withdrawls.
So my days go like this- up at 530 to be at the nannying job at 6-get off at 8:45, drive to a different city to get to the receptionist job by 9 off at 5-30 (depending on the day) drive back to my town and then to a different citry for class at 5:30 (on monday and wends, on thurs class at 6:30) and i dont get out of class till 1030 every mon, tues, and thurs. SO on wends, fri, sat, and sun i waitress. doubles being on the sat and sun.

I miss yall terribly. Nothing new and exciting really going on over here... i did buy a new car back in november but its having issues so im taking it in on friday if i have a chance. im pissed that its brand new and its already having problems.

anyways its now 840 time for work. i hope yall are doing great. i miss you all terribly.
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Leah06 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:01 pm

Lets talk about how much i miss all of you. Its sad how i dont talk to anyone much these days. Where is everyone? How is everyone? Does anyone else miss the old days when we would have constant convos going at all times?
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby RinRin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:25 pm

I definitely miss the old days! It seems like everyone's lives have just moved them on to different places and nobody has time to come here anymore...I'll admit, I'm a bit busy these days, so I rarely come around here anymore to post. It makes me kinda sad :(. But, that's life!

Update wise, my little baby is 7 months old! She's beginning to crawl and she's learning to wave goodbye..it's so cute! I'm going to be going to boot camp for the Coast Guard probably in the middle of July. I can't wait! It's going to be quite the adventure. So how's everybody else? What's going on in your lives? :)
RinRin

Postby Dreamer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:28 pm

I will say I miss them too.. I used to love to come in here with half dozen topics going at one time..Kept me on my toes with having to edit out the bad stuff.. But I enjoyed it. I do like seeing the old names pop up with a new poem from time to time.. Knowing they still think about the website makes me feel a bit better..

It gets so slow sometimes I wonder if it is still worth all the work that goes into it.. Then I decide yeah it is.. Cause it is like a family that is spread out accross the world.. We all have a place to touch in at and see that people we knew are still around.. Just busy with other things...

Good to see a new poem from you RinRin..

If nothing else I figure since so many people write poems when they are sad at least everyone must be doing pretty good..

As for me still working and am actually kind of homesick for my home town and old friends there.. I haven't had a bout with homesickness in a long time.. I am not sure what is bringing it on. I know I haven't been home in a couple years..So I guess I can see why I might get a bit homesick for the people that understand me best. I miss my old friends though I am sure they have changed too.. but it would be fun to go back for a few days just to see how everyone is doing..

The work on the house should start up again soon. We bought a furnace so we will have real normal heat (and heating bills ) next year.. We have a fireplace that puts out enough heat to keep our whole house warm enough in the winter until we added out addition.. This year it was a bit chilly with all the extra space to try and keep warm.. No I don't live in a cabin. But with our fireplace that is actually considered a wood burning furnace at the store. we were paying like $80 for heat when everyone else was paying sometimes over $300 dollars a month for heat.. For that much differnce I can wear slippers and a sweater.

I think I will most enjoy the central air conditioning.. we have used a single window unit that kept most of the heat down during the summer. Our house is shaded by a giant Cottonwood tree in the afternoon so only on the hottest days did we have any problems.. Even reading what I am writing it makes my house sounds small but it is really very large for 2 people and 2 dogs..It now has 4 bedrooms 2 full baths a living room dining room kitchen and family room and most rooms are 16 x16 and my bedroom is like 17 x32 so it is really big.. I guess it just has really good air circulating drafts in the right places hehe...

I decided to take up bike riding again this year. I was excited about my first ride out.. I haven't been on a bike in like..... ooo a couple decades now lol .. (scary to think of time sometimes... ) But I thought I would get one that was easy to understand and ride.. I got one that has the pedal breaks and no gears to have to shift..

I guess I forgot to consider where I live now when I bought it. The land here is not flat and am not thinking I may have made a bad choice in going for a basic bike. Southern Indiana is very hilly. If you can't see the hill, is it a gradual one.. very few places are flat.. Which I found out on my first very short ride..

I had planed on riding all over the neighborhood up and down dozens of streets and getting all kinds of exercise.. But to my disappointed self.. It will be a couple blocks at a time for a while until I get my bike legs under me.. Coasting downhill was pretty fun though.. I came home and my heart beat was racing like I had just run a marathon.. Actually I think it beat less the last time I went for a slow jog around the block.. But they say getting your heart rate up is good.. well it was Waaaaaay good hehe... If was a bit sad I had planned on riding an hour or so.. Ah well such is life.. full of little surprizes.. but at least I did get out and ride it.. And I will do it again tomorrow provided there is no rain..

I also joined SparkPeople in Jan and have deleted about 30 lbs so far.. I say deleted cause I am erasing them and they are not lost where they can be found again.. I am getting rid of them this time for good... IF you need to lose a few lbs it is a great place to start there is lots of information and meal trackers and weightloss blogging and stuff.. it is really awesome much better than Weightwatchers and best of all it is Free... The best stuff on the internet is still free without strings attached..

Other than that, working on the website and fitting in a few hours of sleep a night.. Everything here is going pretty good..
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby RinRin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Good job, Dreamer on losing 30! I find it so hard to exercise regularly and eat right. I have to crack down on it now though, since I'm joining the military. *sigh*...your house sounds wonderful! I live in a tiny townhouse/apartment, and I cannot wait until I can afford a house of my own that I can do whatever I want to. Hopefully with our better income we can shortly! Here's hoping...I also need a new car. Mine is a camaro, only a two-door with ten million things wrong with it! It really sucks because whenever something happens to it, we really don't have the money to fix whatever is wrong, so I'm driving a dump around right now. Plus, it only being a two-door car is very trying considering I have a baby to lug around! Hee hee...hopefully by the time I come back from boot camp, we'll have enough money to buy a fair nice used car, and I'm hoping for a Dodge Neon! :) We'll see...money has been so tight lately, I'm really hoping that we get into a better financial situation soon. I hate money!! At least..I hate it when I don't have it..hehe..love it when I do though! :P Well, glad you are doing well, Dreamer! Let's hope some of our old friends will stop by and say hello :)
RinRin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum