New Update to WebSite

Notices from Dreamer

New Update to WebSite

Postby Dreamer » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:28 am

Hi Gang,

As some of you may know I have been working on some updates and changes in how the website works with Vampi. Finally these changes are about ready to be test driven.

Only true way to test a new script and program is just to go for it and see what happens. Sometimes the results are great and sometimes there are a few bugs that need to be worked out.

The changes we have been working on are mostly seen on the side I see. Most of what you will see is a different web address location for your favorite pages. Best way to find where everything is, would be to start with my front page at http://www.dreamersreality.com and click on poetic dreams link and go from there bookmarking the new pages as you go (add them to your favorites) All the links will change from the first page on, but it should be easy to find the new page locations by starting at the first page of the site.

Another thing you will notice is the old comments on your poems will be missing. This should be temporary as I have to add them all back in poem by poem and will do so alphabetically which could take a while to get completely done. All new comments should show up just like normal. This just effects the old comments.

If you don't care about your older comments being on your poems just send me a note telling me not to update the old comments and it will really help me time wise. This "no old comment update" will have to be on all of your poems not just a single individual poem. I fully understand if you want me to put them back in but it will take time on my part and patience waiting for them to show back up for you. (Probably a few weeks or more)

Other changes are the way the poems will be viewed but I am sure you will all catch on pretty quickly. Most every thing still works the same but will just look a little bit different at first. Nothing really major.

Okay now what do you do if you find something not working right???.. First don't panic... It is more than likely not a big problem to get fixed.

Second I will set up a place here on the forum for you to let Vampi and I know of any problems.

Please give as many details of the problem as you can. ie: Don't say "I hit the link and couldn't see the poem."

The more details you can give us of the problem, exact page where it occured, and what you were doing when it occured, the easier it will be to locate and fix. Not telling us of the problem will not get it fixed.

Hopefully the new changes to the site will be a good, smooth change for everyone.

This should take place over the next few days. So don't panic when your favorite links are missing or don't seem to be working right. Just go to the front page of the site and go from link to link to where the new pages are,

Your Friend in Poetry (who is Crossing her fingers),
Becky
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Return to Special Notices