Poem Comments

Notices from Dreamer

Poem Comments

Postby Dreamer » Sat May 01, 2004 9:10 pm

This is a reminder that when commenting on the poems please use it only for making comments on the poem and not on chit chatting and personal messaging. Poems are not personal message boards. That is what the forum if for.

It's starting to get out of hand again.

I don't want to be forced to start banning people from using the comments section.

Why does it matter and do I make a big deal out of it?

This site is designed for reading poems, to showcase poetry not personalities. Personalities and friendships should remain in the background and in the forum area.

If you start to leave personal stuff on the poems after a while more and more people do it and eventually your poem will be lost because people will be going to the site to read witty comments only.

On the technical side of things I have limited bandwidth, which I pay for. The personal stuff, which causes people to come to the website for the wrong reason, will use this bandwidth and could eventually shut down the site for periods of time.

Please be careful of our site and keep it the place it is. Where some changes are good others can also be distructive. I don't think any of us want that.

If anyone has problems with this I will be glad to discuss this with you but it won't change the rule for comments remaining only about the poems themselves.

-Becky
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Return to Special Notices