My Dad

Notices from Dreamer

My Dad

Postby Dreamer » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:17 pm

Hey everyone..

I will be leaving in the morning to head back home to be with my family through my fathers operations..

Yesterday he was diagnosed with Brain Cancer. They found it in 6 places. 4 of which are "zappable" and two are operable and in a good location for full or close to full recovery.

I am not sure how close to an internet connection I will be over the next week so updates to the site will be slower than usual...

I just wanted to let you all know what was going on if things do get slow for a week or so... Please be patient with me..

Any prayers or vibes you can send in my families direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Becky
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Dreamer » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:24 pm

Update: My dad goes into surgery tomorrow the 10th at around 6pm central. All good thoughts are welcome.

We were really optimistic about everything until the surgeon came in. He made it sound bad. He said something like. We are not expecting any improvements and are hoping that the surgery doesn't make things worse.

I am really hoping he was talking as sort of a phase one of the process or the immediate tomorrow rather than long term. But it sure did effect my mom, my dad and I. Dad suddenly couldn't swallow without choking his food. You could see the fear in his eyes which was really sad and hard. We were all holding on to the thought of complete recovery... He is totally able to comprehend but can't act upon it all the time. So what he must have heard was that he could very easily become a vegetable.. Or at the least be total invalid barely capable fo feeding himself. It was horrible... facing reality is one thing but having it put as the only possible option with no hope ... I can't even begin to imagine....

I hope he is comprehending enough to realize that hope is never lost...
Dreamer
Site Admin

Return to Special Notices