Week 10

This is a category for playing around with our talents for writing

Postby RinRin » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:59 am

k guys, it's sunday! and i've picked our winner...the winner is....*another drum roll*.....MARTIN VANN!!! i really liked his because it was so short and simple, yet portrayed a lot of different feelings like feeling like you are ignored by the world itself. really great job Martin!! and everyone else...wonderful jobs too! i was torn between picking Martin and Bench...so I guess Bench's is second place! congrats to everyone, just for doing a great job :)

:D

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby Brenda Michelle » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:34 am

congrats Martin Vann.
Brenda Michelle

Postby Martin Vann » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:56 am

To Brenda Michelle,

My answer to your riddle, "What is something to someone, but nothing to anyone else?"

My Privacy!
Martin Vann

Postby Martin Vann » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:12 pm

Hey, thanks all, Its so nice to be a winner, and not an Ocsar Myer frank, don't know how to spell, wienne?, for sure and I truly, do say Thanks.
Martin Vann

Postby Brenda Michelle » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:50 pm

Martin Vann,
that wasnt the answer i was looking for but, hey that works too!
Brenda Michelle

The New Challenge, for those of you who DARE!

Postby Martin Vann » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:53 pm

My Challenge:

First, as a poet, I realize that we all like to free-lance, use our words as they come to us and let it go at that. However. The Poetic Fun Category, is an opportunity, not a mandate, allowing you to focus on life, your life, and to express yourself in a way that you had not, perhaps, previously, considered. This is a SHOW-CASE of Artistic Ability, your ability to present the truth as you know it, all I ask is, that you share your truth with us, those of us who DARE, to write the truth, as we know it!.

My Challenge is; Write about a time, incident whatever, that made you SO happy, that you, literally, cried!

I like happy feet {Steve Martin} and I know that all of you have shed Happy Tears. Tell us about those, I think its time, for Happy Tears, what do you think?

I may be breaking the rules here, but for me, I don't care if you present your thoughts in a poetic manner, just tell us about the time, you were so HAPPY that you cried. It can about the pregancy test, the lab results, you got money back from the I.R.S. I don't care about the format, just tell us about your"Happy Tears."

If the winner is not a poem, but a statement, I may, take that winner's comments and convert them into a Poem, assuming I have such ability.

Have fun, now, cry your happiness out to us all!

MartinV

Can I do this, rule wise?

Regarding my poem about rejection, being ignored and all that. I made a statement that I could walk past a mirror and see no reflection at all.

What I didn't tell you was that usually, when I walk past a mirror, I just have to stop and applaud!
Martin Vann

Previous

Return to Poetic Fun