Random stuff.....

Fun on-going threads

Postby Stacey » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:43 pm

I miss the old gang * sigh *
Stacey

Postby Dreamer » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Me too. Oh by the way. Amy healed up nicely no perminant injury.

Random thought. Over the past years I have always been so disappointed in my husband not giving me a Christmas gift. And since my mom (and my dad before he passed) and I have become less enstranged due to misunderstandings of my youth, It seems it really doesn't matter as much. This year though we enjoyed the family and going shopping together neither of us got anything for each other and yet it really didn't matter at all. We had each other and the material stuff didn't matter. weird..
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Stacey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:46 am

we didn't get each other anything for Christmas this year either and it didn't seem to matter.

My daughter has been diagnosed with O.C.D. and we've been taking her to a psychologist for about a year now. There were some insurance issues due to the fact that her dad got a new job, so we were paying most of the visits out of our pocket. It's not cheap. Financial problems, with that and gas prices up.. blah blah blah. Anyhow, when Christmas rolled around, i also really realized what was important and what wasn't. Gifts, not important... Health, togetherness and love, very important !!!!
The OCD thing has improved soooo much without medication. When she started seeing the psychologist she had a moderate case of it, the poor child was really stressed out. Her mind couldn't rest. Now, I'm happy to report that she has a mild case of it. She has learned to control it and not let it control her. It feels so awesome to see her smile and play and just be herself again without letting anxiety rule her world.
I've learned so much about obsessive compulsive disorder. It's actually pretty interesting.
Stacey

Postby Leah06 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:27 am

Hey everyone. So this year has gone by so fast so far. Im graduating on June 16th and then in early agust im going off to college. And im extreamly excited but im terrified at the same time. Its not that ill be 8-9 hours away from home in a place ive only been to twice with no one i know.... its that all of a sudden its a huge push into adulthood i guess. i mean i have always wanted to leave and go to college but im afraid i will miss something... im afraid i will be forgotten. I mean i have 2 little brothers, a 3 year old and a 1 year old. they wont remember me. and its sad. ill only be coming home two or 3 times a year. i dont know... maby im just stressing.

Other than that, i started learning the signs (sign language) for graduation. We are signing to There Youll Be by Faith Hill. Its so pritty, and it fits with my graduating class really well. We also get our caps and gowns tomorrow. im excited! Senior ball is on june 3rd and i still dont know if im going. if i am i better hurry it up because i have 36 days to get everything done.

School has been hell... to say the least. I stay up till at least 2 am every night studying and doing homework. that is insane. i study from 4pm to 2 am. thats just over doing it... hopefully it will all chill down soon. anyways i hope everyone is doing well. i miss you all!
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Stacey » Wed May 03, 2006 12:16 pm

i haven't written any poetry in such a long time. for some reason i go through periods where i can't get into writing. Maybe it's a sort of writers block.
Stacey

Postby Leah06 » Wed May 03, 2006 5:54 pm

ive had a writers block for almost a year. i try to write and ill get a little something but its not good...
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Seizure » Thu May 04, 2006 8:41 am

I didn't really have a writers block (I sent in less than 30 poems combined in 2004-2005) but I wrote a lot of stuff that wouldn't be acceptable for the site... whether too violent, dark, whatever.

I just got started with some of my regular stuff again... so it def. seems like I've been gone forever.

The way I feel about poetry is you can't really just force yourself to write... you have to actually feel what you're writing. Maybe that's the problem as opposed to a writers block... you guys might just be in a "chill" mood.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Stacey » Sat May 13, 2006 12:26 pm

forget chill mood, i'm in a frozen mood :lol:
Stacey

Postby Luc » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:31 pm

i think siexure might be on to something. i never really thought about it. i mean, i hear ppl mention topics along those lines. but i guess i never really bother to think about it. but hes right. (talking about me personally) never really right unless i feel it. or if i put myself in that position. in that memory. where i think back, and i black out to the world... but i'm in another one. and i'm not just remembering but reliveing situations. or putting myself in situations (empathy>?) ... i feel what i'm writing. ... let it be joy, anger, hell even horny, any emotion, feeling in your as a writer, an artist, it'l come out. apart from writing i write music. (bass) ... and i just let loose. popping, smacking, hitting those strings. .... notes are my words... and music is my poem....
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Leah06 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:15 pm

im still caught up. i understand what your both saying, and i agree. i write what i feel. recently i havent been really feeling anything, just numb and going through the motions of life without actually living it. i need something drastic to happen in my life. i am hoping that me moving in january is drastic enough.
Leah06

PreviousNext

Return to Infinite Possibilities