Movie Reviews!

Fun on-going threads

Postby Leah06 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:01 pm

Just My Luck- it was ok...
King Kong- i saw it for the first time last night. it was good...
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Stacey » Mon May 15, 2006 9:00 pm

the part where they first arrived on the island and were being chased by dinasaurs, thats where they lost me. I was thinking " okay, move on to the next scene already "

I really do think it would have been better to watch at the theater and i don't think i was totally in the mood to watch it. heh.

I can't really say it sucked, because i didn't watch the entire movie.
Stacey

Postby Seizure » Tue May 16, 2006 7:31 am

Well... no movie can please everyone I suppose. I can say that you're the first I've heard of that wasn't totally pleased with that movie though :)
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Stacey » Tue May 16, 2006 1:47 pm

* shrugs * .. guess so

I'd like to see something scarey, but not gorey next. I'm not one for blood and gore. :oops:

Even the cheesey old stabbing movies make me cringe... like for example... children of the corn or Halloween. I've never seen em .

I enjoyed Misery and Silence of the Lambs was good. Those are my favorite kinds of horror movies. Yes... i know, i'm such a puss! (btw, can i say that word on here? lol )
Stacey

Postby Dreamer » Wed May 17, 2006 6:28 pm

An AMerican Haunting was okay. Not super impressed but it was pretty good without gore also seen Silent Hill. It too was not gorey. Not too bad for a video game made movie.

I have been watching some of the oriental horror. I say that because some is Japanese and some is Korean and not really sure which it is.... There was one really creepy on called "A Tale of Two Sisters" It was pretty suspenseful and is one of those movies that leaves you with that creepy feeling when it is all over... "Three Extremes" is another one I liked sort of a trilogy of shorts. The last one is a bit on the bloody side but macabre just the same....
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Dreamer » Fri May 19, 2006 10:04 pm

I went and seen The Divinci Code tonight. I enjoyed the movie. It was entertaining. I felt the actors did a good job.. Many reviews said negative things about the script and the dryness of the charecters. Though to me it was more realistic that way...

I have never read the book so I cannot say how true to the book it was.. It was still easy to follow and understandable without having read it. I have watched alot of the recent history channels specials on the new bibical theories which might have helped a bit.

The movie kept me interested all the way to the end.

It seemed to be filmed darker than it needed to be in most scenes. I am sure they were going for an atmosphere but I think it was over done. I prefer to see backgrounds without having to squint and wonder if I am really seeing them. I am sure every cathedral or church is not so dark.

All in all I would definately recommend it as a late spring must see.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Seizure » Tue May 23, 2006 12:11 pm

Yeah, but I think the older churches would be about that dark. The Catholic churches we always went to when I was a kid were very dark in Missouri, Kansas, and California. I too liked the Divinci Code and Silent Hill.

I thought An American Haunting sucked. The movie was good until the end, then they ruined the whole thing. I'm not going to spoil the movie to anyone that is going to see it by saying why.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Leah06 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:24 pm

Underclassman- its alright
Superman- really good!
Lake House- i deffinitly recommend this for cick flick fans. it was soo cute and i cried.
The Brake-Up- it pissed me off and the ending sucks
Cars- soo totally cute! id see it again!
X-3- amazingly good, ive seen it 4 times.
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Leah06 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:37 pm

World Trade Center- i cried. im not going to lie, its sad and extreamly realistic but i dont think it should have had that titile. it was more about the 2 cops than about the towers...

Step Up- good movie, also a bit sad. fantastic dancing!

You, Me, & Dupree- its ok. kind of predictable...

Pirates 2- AMAZING!

Clerks 2- Funny but disturbing on so many levals...
Leah06

Postby Leah06 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:42 pm

The Quiet- uh it was alright, in a sick kind of way.
The Illusionist- AMAZING! I would deffinitly see it again!
Accepted- funny...
Leah06

PreviousNext

Return to Infinite Possibilities