new orleans

Almost Anything Goes

new orleans

Postby hushy2 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:11 pm

I hope nobody on this site was caught up in this terrible time.

my heart goes out to the people who have lost family and loved ones.

God bless.

Ben
The teachers set us rules,but never told us they were there to be broken.
hushy2

Postby Dreamer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:03 pm

The little girl Sami who writes on the site lives only and hour from New Orleans but she and her family are okay. Somehow the entire storm missed them. 80% of their town is out of electricity but they had that too. They were very lucky.

They left the area and went to Baton Rouge and in Baton Rouge they got it worse than if they had stayed home.. They were very lucky.

I am thinking we have at least one other writer on the site from that area but I can't remember who it is just now....
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Terrie* » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:56 pm

Yes, such a sad tragedy, for such a nightmare to exist in one's own back yard, i have a few friends from our valley whom volunteered and were flown out to help out where their help is needed, a devoted friend recently passed away, leavin' us with a generous sum of $ , we talked his dad into makin' an annonymous donation to the American Red Cross,as i'm sure my friend would of done the same if he were still alive today. my heart goes out to all those that lost their lifes, to the many that are livin' in the middle of this nightmare .and to all those that are donatin' their time. i along w/many other's am dissapointed with the looters , lootin' at " lifes' lost expense", sad how , greed touches the " Faithless" , i was touched by the Heart of Texas, for their kind Jesture,Texas indeed has a big Heart. makes me appreciate the many things/ lifes i may have taken for granted. All prayers go out to New Orleans, i thank God for The Blessings in my own life.
Terrie*

Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier (Mother Teresa)
Terrie*

Return to Open Forum