How Old???

Almost Anything Goes

How Old???

Postby Dreamer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:25 pm

How old were you when you first started writing /reciting your own poetry..

I know in my case I was making up songs when I was a kid and they turned into written lyrics probably around age 13 and then morphed into more structured type poetry years later when it really wasn't as convenient ( or time allowing) to pick up my guitar and create
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Leah06 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Oh this is a hard one... I have been singing my own stuff since I was little according to my parents. But i never started writing (outside of school) till I was 11 or 12. I got serious around 14.
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Rosanne » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:39 pm

Hmm, like Leah06, my parents tell me that I've been inventing little songs and the like since I was too small to remember. Dad called it being creative, Mom labelled it being wierd. Both have always been very supportive of it though. I started writing serious poetry in college, when I discovered Dreamer's Reality. I kind of fell out of the writing habit when I got my degree and moved away. Being without a computer and readily available internet access for two years, you know... I'd like to get back into it now, though. Just not feeling terribly inspired.
The world does not judge by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.
Rosanne

Postby rubydragon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:38 pm

I was 17 I still remember where I was at the time and what I was doing. In fact the first is posted on this site. The title is "Tears", and each time I read it I reminise and cannot believe how deep and passionate my writing has got since then.
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby LinzAy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:26 pm

I was i 4th grade. We had an assignment to pick something in the room and write about it. I chose to write about a picture of an eagle flying. "Soaring eagle, Flying high through the sky...." I think that's how it started out.....that was, what, 13 years ago? lol.
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Emery » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:06 am

well im 22 now so it was only a few years ago because i never really liked writing. but when i was 17 i they were having a contest for poems at school, my english teacher said i should try it and i did. won 1st place for my grade level so since then i continued writing and it grew on me. so yeah thats my story..
"It's that moment when your eyes seem to spread aspersions, and to scream at the insipid sky parting clouds..."
-From Autumn to Ashes
Emery

Re: How Old???

Postby Meri Zuriel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Was 12 when I first started writing. But wasn't until I was 17 or 18 when I really started becoming addicted to writing.
Live for you, love you, be true to you, do and speak right.
Meri Zuriel

Return to Open Forum