to dreamer

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Dreamer » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:07 am

long as it is okay with the publisher of your work.. I know some writers will change the name
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Leah06 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:50 pm

I wish someone would publish my work...........
Leah06

Postby Seizure » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:10 am

I wish someone would publish my work too... it's just not gonna happen for me :)
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby LinzAy » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:20 am

Yea, my mom is trying to get me into looking for a literary agent so i can get my stuff published. I never really knew my mom was that interested in my writing. But i think when i told ehr i had over 230 pieces of work she instantly thought....book! Heh heh.....so i came online and searched the net for literary agents and other stuff to show her.......i don't really see anything happening with it, but hey.....things take time

Ya know what would be cool....if we all here at dreamers got together somehow and published a book.....called, of course, Dreamers Reality.......that would be neat.....

but yea, i want my stuff published too...
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Yeah!

Postby Leah06 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:28 am

LinzAy that is a hella cool idea! I agree that book would probly be a best seller! What dose everyone else think!?
Leah06

Postby Seizure » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:04 pm

I think people with related works in the book would be a good idea. But a poem about slitting your wrists doesn't belong next to one about penguins. Maybe different "themed" books. Select writers would also be a good idea otherwise someone would write something totally idiotic just to be in the book, even when they know what they wrote wasn't even decent. There should be a managing director that knows all the poets, new and old to select the writers to be included.
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Leah06 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:13 pm

Yea, i agree. There should be like a pannel of 3 people to choose peoples writings. And this could be like a seiries and like it could have sections in the book and it could be almost like the chicken soup for the teenage soul series. I think it would be sooo awsome!
Leah06

Postby Seizure » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:17 pm

3 people would be good.
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Martin Vann » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:54 pm

Leah06;

If, there was ever, anything in my life that I knew I would always, love and appreciate it would be Poetry and Chicken Soup! I love them both. The idea about a book of selected poems (selected? how elses would any be published} that is a very practiacl, idea. Why, because others use our work to sell their books of poetry, why don't we sell our selves. Any profits could be used to assit Dreamer in site enhancements for us all. That way, no one would be offened (Sure they would) if, their work was not selected for the book/s.

We could also decided on which poems to publish by a vote, here, if you don't vote, any complaints from you will be just plain, meaness?

I had a request from Holmes out of England requesting permission to publish my poems, big deal, so did a half the world receive their request. My POINT?/ Let's do something that benefits "our site" the one dreamer gave to us and not those other guys!

MartinV
This could be a super project and we all know, Dreamer has lots of spare time so, we need to help her, tell how Dreamer, if this gets off the ground. Seizure, there is no doubt, there is room for slit wrist!
Martin Vann

Postby Seizure » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:20 pm

V, got a little confusing there in a couple spots... you just wake up? I'm messing...

When you quoted me as saying "selected" works, poets, etc, I think you know what I meant though. It was in reference to careful consideration. Not just tossing someone's work on there because they were bitching they didn't have anything on there. If I'm not selected, I'm not selected... I'll just try to do better for next time. That's the most anyone SHOULD hope for I think... personally... maybe it's just me.

While I would normally say a poll would be good... in this case I disagree. Why? Some of us have no friends, others have several friends. The people with several friends, can request the aid of them to vote for their works, thus, already creating a biased poll. I think it should be 3 judges or so hand picked by Dreamer or someone else as trusted.
-Seizure
Seizure

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings