to dreamer

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Seizure » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:21 pm

And now it sounds like I just woke up. Oh well.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Martin Vann » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:33 pm

Seiz;
You are correct, what I really meant about slit wrists was that, there are "very few" poets, like yourself, that show us all, the light, hidden in the dark.

Actually, the reason I came back here for an additional comment was..., Dreamer had commented some where previously, about the expenses involved in publishing anything. Who is going to pay for this? Also, like my good friend Seiz once said, I can't see buying my own work! Then, there is marketing and on, and on and on. Point is, its easy to get ideas off the ground, but they have to have wheels, so that they can land? Seiz, my words are reactionary and seeking foundation and I appreciate you being so, understanding. As always Seiz, we may cross words, but never, ever swords!

Good night, I'm going back to hug candle light, and sleep.

MartinV
Martin Vann

Postby Leah06 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:36 pm

Sleep tight Martin!
Leah06

Postby Seizure » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:33 pm

Well, if my music starts selling properly and I get additional cash, I will foot the entire bill for the book to be written.

I am signed to a label so there's a chance it will happen, but then again there is a chance it won't.

Later
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Dreamer » Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:51 pm

Hmm ideas ideas. I was thinking maybe a series of smaller books like those kind you find at a hallmark store (card shop) instead of going for a huge book.. Perhaps by some of our more popular categories in a series of collectibles..

Maybe we could go to a hallmark store and find out who publishes some of those smaller books and talk to them about our ideas instead of going big with a thick edition. Though I would really like to see it be a hard cover. More of a keepsake book rather than a throw away soft cover

I priced writing and publishing a small bunch of books I think it was about 100 or 500 once with hard covers and the small pressing was going to cost me $5000 granted that was a more expensive pressing company that is in our area.

That is why I kind of gave up the idea.. at the time.. I have even played around with trying to make a book with the computer and old fashioned binding by hand.. I don't foresee me doing it that way hehe

"...you may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.." -John Lennon
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Leah06 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:44 pm

i like that quote. But yea dreamer (i like that name) thats a good idea, if you need help, i know some poeple who own publishing copanies and halmark manager and stuff. So yea just ask. And the prices arent as bad as i thought they would be.
Leah06

Postby LinzAy » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:10 pm

hehe...wow.....i didn't know ya guys would take my suggestion seriously! COOL!

And yea, it would take a lot to actually get a book up and going.......the style of the book, which poem/writers ctually get put in, arrangement of the book (chapters/categories/themes/series/etc..), and of course the price of it all! I'm sure if we all got extremely serious about this there could be a p.o. box set up or something to send money in to help out with it........

And i like that idea with a certain amount of ppl deciding which poems actually get put in and how the book is made and stuff. I would like to think that i would somehow be able to help with all that considering...well....yea....but then again...i'm only another poet who submits to this site just like the rest of you.

If we did get serious about this ppl i think Becky should choose at least 2 or 3 ppl and that would be the team that would get it up and going.

Now i'm getting a job soon, and i have an inheritance check coming up, if i don't hafta spend that all on schooling, my car and other money stuff i'll be more than willing to pitch in some money! Even with just the job money i'll soon be making i'd be willing to pitch in!

So, i'm not gonna put too much thought into this until i know for sure that we're all serious about this, and really want to make it happen....especially Becky, since it would be her site getting out there with the book!

TTYL ppl!

~~Lindsay
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Leah06 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:01 pm

yea me too, i dont have a job but i do have good gradesand for every A i get 20 bucks and at the end of the school year if i get honor roll (3.0 or higher) i get 1,000 and i will be willing to pitch in too even if my stuff dosent get put in. And so far i have been on honor roll all year (3.71 yay!) and thats about 5 as per quorter and thats 20 bucks per A which equals....... 1,400 a year plus job money...
ok g2g toodels

Leah
Leah06

Postby ryan » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:30 pm

damn girl you be rich im only rich cause my mom
"To live is to die, it is my destiny" - seizure
ryan

Postby Brenda Michelle » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:47 pm

DAMM LEAH!
you freaken rich! i got strait "a" and i got no money. i maintain a 4.0 GPA i still get no money. i have to pay for everything myself! with my so-called job! you freaken rich, i want your parents, i would be a millionair by now!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Brenda Michelle

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings