comments about poems

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Capricorn » Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:45 pm

What an awfulthing to happen !! Hope she doen't pass them off as her own. Reminds me of something else I heard....no time to go into now. It's 1.45 am in UK I'm off to bed Will read your poems tomorrow Xeracy and comment on site. Good night!!
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Dreamer » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:57 pm

I personally try to make it a habit not to comment on anyone's poetry. I don't mean it to seem rude. But if I comment on one I have to comment on all or someone would feel left out or feel that I didn't like their work. So please don't feel offended if I don't offer my thoughts on poems. I think everyone's writing is valuable as it is a part of who they are.

Unlike the experts I don't believe that poetry has to be in a certain form. I believe everyone has their own style of writing. As in all things over the years it changes, so what might have been good proper form years ago doesn't have to be that way today. Everything evolves with times.

I don't want to or like to write like Hawthorne or Longfellow or the other "greats"

I think the thing that holds true in poetry is a flowing and emotional feeling that a poem creates and expresses. I don't feel qualified to be judge of someone's emotions when they are flowing freely in writing..

I hope everyone can understand this.

Shhhhh Don't tell.. but so far with this group, that is here of this day in the forum, are all excellent writers. I enjoy your work I feel something when I read your work. To me this makes a good poem and a good poet.

Poetry is life, has life and shares life. Even if it isn't always pretty.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby bingholic98 » Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:36 am

dreamer you are right every body has their own way of writing. it takes alot of guts to let people see in. I think anyways,most people that can't say what they feel in person find it easy to put those feelings on paper. I know I do. :) 8)
bingholic98

Postby Capricorn » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:30 pm

I didn't show anyone my poems til I came onto Dreamers website,and felt very nervous the first time I posted. :shock: Now I feel much better for sharing. :D
Capricorn

Postby Rosanne » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:06 pm

To Xeracy,

the meaning of your poem My Body and My Mind eluded me at first, but as I read more of it, it really spoke to me. Then I finished reading it and it turned out not to mean what I thought at all. I mean, at first, I thought it was just a general expression of angst, and then I thought maybe it was referring to self-loathing caused by dissatisfaction with personal looks (something I struggle with), and then at the end, it turned into the most sane explanation of why people use mind-altering substances I've ever read. Wonderfully thought-provoking; I loved it.
The world does not judge by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.
Rosanne

Postby Dreamer » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:21 pm

Have you ever noticed when you read a poem in one frame of mind it may seem to say one thing. Then if you are in another frame of mind it might seem to say something completely different. I think that is pretty kewl..

-Becky
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Capricorn » Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:39 am

So true Dreamer! I find it fascinating when I write a poem and someone reads a different interpretation into it from what I intended. It seems to make the poem more interesting. Just shows how complex our minds and emotions are.
Capricorn

Postby Xeracy » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:31 pm

Thanks guys.

Thats O.K. Dreamer. I understand that you can't comment on poems. What you did say though, was even better than a comment on a poem. Thank you very much.

To Rosanne: I never really looked at the flow of "My Body and My Mind" like that before. Now that I've looked deeper into it, it brings on a whole new feeling. I'm glad that I could help you look into many peoples lives all at once. I think that it's about time that these people are understood in some. Maybe you don't necessarily agree with drugs, but at least you kind of know why many people use them.
kinda like a cloud i was up way up in the sky
and i was feeling some feelings you wouldn't believe.
sometimes i don't believe them myself
and i decided i was never coming down.
Xeracy

Postby Rosanne » Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:33 pm

Xeracy,

Exactly what I meant... even if you don't agree with a person's method of dealing with pain and emotional conflict (or physiological vs. mental) conflict, it helps to understand WHY they deal with it that way. And while you still may disagree, it's important to remember that every person is unique and that what doesn't work for or is distasteful to one person may be the only thing that works for someone else. I personally believe that (in my case) escape from my troubles is unnecesary and cowardly (remember that's for ME), because I have never really had any emotional problem strong enough to warrant escape. Sometimes I wonder if lack of any real trauma in my life makes me shallow. Hope not. :(
The world does not judge by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.
Rosanne

Postby Capricorn » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:53 pm

You're not shallow Rosanne, just young! When I was as young as you probably are I 'd had very little experience of life's traumas.....made up for it since! Most people do experience trauma in one way or another as time goes by.Enjoy yourself while your life is reasonably trouble free I say!! There's time enough to get deep! :D
Capricorn

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings