comments about poems

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Leah06 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:05 pm

well goast, i have only read one of yours and pesonally i think it is really good. If you poast some more tell me because i want to read them!
Leah06

Postby Ghost » Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:23 pm

I'll try my best to let you know Leah. I have submitted two more so they should be up next week probably. :P
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not. - Phlogiston Verdigris
Ghost

Postby ryan » Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:38 pm

to anyone who cares to write back,

i just would like to know what y'all think about my poem( which really arent poems at all they are really just thoughts from the heart).

and also i would like to say that in over my cutting days :lol:
"To live is to die, it is my destiny" - seizure
ryan

Postby Ghost » Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:15 pm

Ryan, I really liked your poems. My boyfriend used to cut himself also but he has stopped. I guess he still does it everyonce in a while when he's really bitter, but it's really great to hear that you've gotten over it too. :mrgreen:
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not. - Phlogiston Verdigris
Ghost

Postby ryan » Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:33 am

thank you
"To live is to die, it is my destiny" - seizure
ryan

Postby Leah06 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:20 pm

I think you are a good writer too ryan! Oh and guess what everyone, i have a goal to read every poem on this web site! I am almost half way done! Yay! I started like 2 weeks asgo though. Its hard! My eyes hurt !
Leah06

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:30 pm

Wow Leah, that's a lot of poems to read. I don't think I would be able to do that I would probably get distracted and lose track of where I was, then I would get all frustrated and have to start over. :mrgreen: Good luck with that
Ghost

Postby Leah06 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:34 pm

Well, after you read one, the title changes color so it is no longer blue so it is easy to keep track. But i am almost half way and i have a hour to read more but i probly will only read like 20 because i have homwork to do. I dont het distracted easily especally from reading. I love to read. Most of all i love to read poetry. So off i go...................
Leah06

Postby bench » Thu May 29, 2003 2:33 am

Dreamer wrote:Unlike the experts I don't believe that poetry has to be in a certain form. I believe everyone has their own style of writing. As in all things over the years it changes, so what might have been good proper form years ago doesn't have to be that way today. Everything evolves with times.

I don't want to or like to write like Hawthorne or Longfellow or the other "greats"

I think the thing that holds true in poetry is a flowing and emotional feeling that a poem creates and expresses. I don't feel qualified to be judge of someone's emotions when they are flowing freely in writing..

I hope everyone can understand this.

I agree with dreamer! Actually I have a lot of un reading everyone's poems. I might not make comments but I truly enjoy the poems I have read. I am trying to go through the list and take 5 names every day since I started to join. I get nice ideas from thye poems I have read so far.

For those who have commented on my poems, thank you so much! You know what it is like when your work is appreciated. I look forward to reading more of your poems guys! And if I may say this, everyone is doing a great job!

Shhhhh Don't tell.. but so far with this group, that is here of this day in the forum, are all excellent writers. I enjoy your work I feel something when I read your work. To me this makes a good poem and a good poet.

Poetry is life, has life and shares life. Even if it isn't always pretty.

Postby Stacey » Thu May 29, 2003 3:50 pm

what ever happened to Martin Vann ? I miss reading his comments
Stacey

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings