comments about poems

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby bingholic98 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:12 pm

caps right roseanne enjoy life while you can .One thing I've learned is in one day things can change. Life is always a surprise :)
bingholic98

Postby bingholic98 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:14 pm

dreamer I find I get the wrong interpetation of what the writer is saying unless its right to the point. Never was very good in litertature. :lol:
bingholic98

Postby bingholic98 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:28 pm

roseanne your writing is good but since I don't uderstand different languages can you explain your quote. :) I'm nosey and don't want to miss anything. :? :lol:
bingholic98

Postby Rosanne » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:55 pm

Heh heh, I don't speak French either, bingholic98. I just happened to find a cool website where you can cut and paste or type dialogue of whatever language into a window, click a button and it will translate into another language for you. http://www.freetranslation.com/

Anyway, "Partir ma solitude me Je peux me réconforter Mieux qu'autre" roughly means "Leave to my solitude I can comfort myself Better than any other."
Rosanne

Postby Xeracy » Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:35 pm

I do like myself to a point. I was trying to show that this person doesn't like himself anymore because this girl doesn't like him, broke up with him, ignores him... what ever. She made him feel special. He can't do that himself. He doesn't feel like he's worth anything anymore because he isn't worth anything to her. He resorts to drinking himself stupid. I believe what you guys said about the whole "Karma" thing, but it is hard to see the beauty in anything when you feel like this.
kinda like a cloud i was up way up in the sky
and i was feeling some feelings you wouldn't believe.
sometimes i don't believe them myself
and i decided i was never coming down.
Xeracy

Postby bingholic98 » Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:17 pm

thanks roseanne for interepting it for me.I know it's fun when you try something different :)
bingholic98

Postby Leah06 » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:48 pm

I hope that someday i can write as good as all of you! :lol:
Leah06

Postby Rosanne » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:43 pm

Hey, Leah-girl

Don't worry about whether or not you write as well as anyone else. That's not what poetry is about. No one cares how well you write, I am way more interested in what you have to communicate. It's not about criticising technique, which by the way I've read some of yours and there's not a thing I would change, it's about expressing what you've felt that interests people. Don't change a thing, darlin', you're fine as you are.
Rosanne
The world does not judge by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.
Rosanne

Postby Leah06 » Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:24 pm

Thank you. Im glad somone feels that way. It means alot to me. :lol:
Leah06

Postby Ghost » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:40 pm

If anyone has read my poetry, I would love some feed back. This is the first time I've ever let anyone know what was going on in my head. I was a little nervous posting my stuff on a website because I'm very shy about my writings. So, if you could take a few minutes and tell me what you think, that would be great. :mrgreen:
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not. - Phlogiston Verdigris
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings