Book Idea

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Book Idea

Postby Dreamer » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Okay here is a couple questions.

How much would you be wiling to pay for a DreamersReality Poetry Book????

If you could get them at a reasonable price how many would you be likely to buy for yourself and others?

Would it matter if it was in paperback form?
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby rubydragon » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:44 am

I would be willing to pay about £9.99, I'm not sure what that is in $.
I would buy af few, one for me and the others for my friends.
And I do not mind if it is in paperback.
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby LinzAy » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:45 am

How would the poems be copywritten? Would we have to copywright whichever poems u want in the book and then "give you permission" to them in the book? giving you permission of course just a kind of "legal" way of sayin it...lol.
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Leah06 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:21 pm

i wrote this in the other one but i would pay anything short of 30. and id buy like 6 or more. i think it would be really cool to have like a poem from lets say lindsday on one page and then on the other a litte paragraph about her. i just think that would be cool. and then like for brenda and eveey, they can share two pages and at the bottom, it could say something like "happily married" or something
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby LinzAy » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:36 pm

and if not on the page that the artists poem is on a few pages in the back dedicated to saying a thing or two about each artist
example: Lindsay Oliver, known as LinzAy to fellow dreamers, 20 and physically resides in VA with her heart residing in FL. She's been writing for almost 5 years finding it her only way of truly expressing how she feels.
LinzAy

Postby Dreamer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:39 pm

I would send in for a copyright for the collection of poems or book. But of course as far as I am concerned the poem would still belong to the author. There might be a place for Short Paragraph Bios at the end of the book not sure yet...

At this time I have some ideas for this I am tossing around..
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Dreamer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:59 pm

Just to let you all know where I am at with this.

Being that publishing is hard to come by and quality costs way toooo much. I got an inspiration from Barb.

I have been working with Book Binding. I have just finished putting together my first book and it looks pretty professional.

I have been toying with some ideas of binding for others as well. Say you have 100 poems you would like in a book I would charge a one time set up fee of say 20 dollars, and then do a book on demand at say 15 dollars.

The problem with doing a group book is copyright and getting the info to all the writers of the site. Many people, though I ask to keep email addresss current, people don't. So getting the permission to use their work would be hard to do. I can't put anything in a collective book without the author's permission. And keeping the proof of permission somehow. Which would require either a signiture emailed on a page of permission or a fax to be sent. to keep me from getting into trouble. Then mailed to me so I have an original on file. (Email & fax would get the permission going faster)

Another Idea I had was once you have your book set up I could place it on a page for sale possibly with a commisssion to the poet on the sale of their books not alot but say $1.00 per sale and send out a check every month.

That way you could have a series of individual books of your favorite authors.

There would not be any isdn number or anything like that I don't wnat to sell to stores and don't see it as that important to get a bunch of numbers for $250 a piece. I am not sure how I would handle the copyrights on these individual books as again that is more expense on my side.. Haven't looked into the price yet.

Again this is in the Serious idea stage at this point. Maybe a way to get all of us out there. Through the site.

This is where I am and what I am thinking about. My little home published books look really professional after I have practised with it a while. I am still tweaking on the covers right now to get them right.

I figure selling them from the site is actually a good market being that people who come here are poetry readers to start with rather then putting them in some store that have millions of books.

I should have a few of mine on sale for $10 to $15 by the end of the week if you want to buy a sample ;)

I am hoping to have this all figured out in time for Christmas...

Your thoughts welcome....

I'm off to the printers :)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby LinzAy » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:42 am

hmmmmm....what to think what to think.......

I think that those who don't really care to keep their addresses up to date with you probably wouldn't really care as to whether their poems were in a group book, and if they did then they'd learn to keep up on that current address deal.

I would definitely be willing to fax signed papers and crap for a group book, and make a copy for myself to send you the original. I personally am really hooked on this group thing. It would put Dreamers Reality out there while giving a taste of everything it has. Darn it.....I think I wrote an email about the "DreamersReality series" lol.......

And i'll help out with money...daaaaddy! lol....jk........but yea, after all is figured out what you're gonna do we can figure that out.
LinzAy

Postby rubydragon » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:08 am

Im with LinzAy, My email address is always working, and updated. I would be willing to go to any lengths to give Dreamer permission to use my poetry.
I think it's a good idea and would be willing to help in any way possible.
Keep me informed of what I would need to do and yea I'll do it if I can.
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Leah06 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:48 am

IM with you too LInz, like ruby said, any lengths...
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Next

Return to Poems and Writings