The Book in the Works (was: Book Idea)

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Dreamer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:18 am

This is a Copy of Email I have Sent out. If you have not recieved it by now you might want to check your email information posssibly your email settings for recieving mail from this site...
-Becky

Hi,

As you may know already DreamersReality.com is getting ready to put together a book. The book has a couple of purposes. First so that the talented poets from DreamersReality can see their work in print and to help support the website by offsetting the costs of running the site. I wanted to let all poets on the site have a chance to have some of their work included.

I am sending you this email to ask if you would like to be involved with this publication. At this time I planning on having a late September or October release.

Right now I am calling for all poets to decide on 5 favorites of their poems from the site they would like to see in the book. Send me the names of the poems an the email with the following note below.

(Please be sure to place your real name and names of your poems when you copy and paste this to a new email.
It would be best if you could print the following section. Scan it with real signatures in place. Save as a .jpg and send it back if possible )

I,
(you real name here) give permission for Rebecca Ditch-Hammack of DreamersReality.com to use these following poems from her website in a Dreamersreality Poem Book. I understand that the poems are still my property and I am in charge of my own copyrights. I understand there will be no financial payment for the use and display of my work in this collection. I understand that the book will be available for purchase from the website only.
(Type your list of 5 poems titles from the site here)

By signing or typing my name here I authorize my release for the publication of my poetry as stated above for use in the DreamersReality.com book.

(type your REAL NAME here)

(If under the age of 18 please have an adult guardian send a short note of stating their permission)

(guardian signature here)

If you would prefer to use your real name rather than a nickname with your poems I would be happy to do an (a.k.a. nickname) of your online name after your real name. This is the time to let me know...

Such as: Rebecca Ditch-Hammack (a.k.a. Dreamer)

If you use a secondary e-mail account such as hotmail or yahoo or various others similar to these to submit to the site, I would prefer you send the mail from your main isp account.

The reason is that anyone can have an online mail account and state they are anyone. It can't really be traced as proof of where the permission came from. It is better for my proof of submission to be from a regular main account.

As always I will not share/sell your addresses with anyone and only use them for the book. Thanks..

This is only open to people who are posting on the site.. and have valid email addresses.

Best Regards,
-Becky
aka Dreamer
dreamer@dreamersreality.com
www.dreamersreality.com
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Dreamer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:22 am

There seems to be a bit of confusion I want to clear up

There is no money that needs to be changing hands for putting your poems in the book. Only cost would be if you buy the book once it comes out.

But donations are always very welcome ;)

"Dee Ar is watching"
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Dreamer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:40 pm

When you send in your permission slip (hehe sounds like we are going on a field trip) could you please include the answers to these questions which will be used for the Short bios of each author..

1. Name you want to use as Author in the book
2. Age
3. Gender (some names/ nicks are not so obvious)
4. Location ( your state, province, or Country is enough, Cities are not necessary)
5. when did you start writing
6. what inspires you to write
*Bonus question*
7. a little about your style of writing

If you haven't figured out which poem you want included yet you can still send me the info I need for the bio.

The faster I get the answers, poem info and permissions the faster I can get the book printing going...

Thanx gang

Site Admin

Postby bench » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:05 am

HI BECKY. I SENT THE E-MAIL WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION. I'LL JUST ADD IT HERE.

1. Name you want to use as Author in the book BENJIE TORRALBA
2. Age 32
3. Gender (some names/ nicks are not so obvious) MALE
4. Location ( your state, province, or Country is enough, Cities are not necessary) MANILA, PHILIPPINES
5. when did you start writing I STARTED WRITING WHEN I WAS 6
6. what inspires you to write PRACTICALLY EVERY SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCE I HAVE MAKES ME WANT TO WRITE.
*Bonus question*
7. a little about your style of writing I JUST WRITE WHAT I FEEL :)
Live Life, Love Life
bench

Postby Dreamer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:12 am

got it thanks
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Leah06 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:58 pm

here is mine

Name: Leah Kendall
When did you start writing: in school when i was 8
What inspiers you to write: A variety of things, sometimes i can read a book and get a poem out of it but other times, i will just feel like my mind is crowded so i get a peice on paper turn off the lights and light a candle. When i read it over it no longer looks like i was just pouring out my emotions, it becomes a poem.
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Dreamer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:48 pm

Please send these through the email. you can put them here too if you want but I need them by email
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby LinzAy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:04 pm

Hey Becky:) Just wanted to make sure that ya got the email i sent ya with the list of poems and info...so, ummm, did ya? lol:)
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Dreamer » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:18 pm

yep got it
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby LinzAy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:56 pm

yayness...heh
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Next

Return to Poems and Writings