talking or listening

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Capricorn » Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:49 pm

Welcome to the forum LinzAy and thank you for sharing! Don't worry about being too quiet, I used to be that way when I was younger, used to drive my mother mad :evil: but as one other quiet person said "no point in speaking til you have something to say" I think when you don't say too much, then what you do say is far more precious than those who prattle on constantly!

I talk more now but perhaps I have more experiences to share than when I was younger.....and a bit more confidence.

You're fine as youare! :D
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Happy Medium

Postby Trinity » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:18 pm

I'd have to say I am a happy medium of the two - when a friend needs an ear and someone to vent on I can be an incredible listener. Not to mention, you pick up on things you normally wouldn't if you open your ears and close your mouth :lol:
And yet, when I am first meeting someone, or if they are not in a chatty mood I can have entire conversations with myself almost, and at the end we both feel as though it went well.
You know sometimes a certain conversation sticks in your mind, a really in depth talk about something you are both interested in? Those conversations, the ones you never forget, are usually like that for the simple fact that you both listened and talked an equivalent amount. It was balanced. There was equilibrium.
I think I am talking too much..... :wink:
"The next time you are bored, remember that self-discovery is a beneficial passtime."
Trinity

Postby Luc » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:56 pm

im hmmm me just me im more like sax just a plain creepy listener.. the one hiding in the shadows stalking you listening to your every thought.. hehe i wish.. though yeah i am more of a listener.. BUT theres that but there hehe.. get me drunk enough or drunk on caffine and i'll do the talking ^.^ :mrgreen: but if not im more of the listener i like to watch observe (My victums muahahaha er yeah <.< >.>) like someone said ... (to lazy to scroll up to see who said it) that like if i say i like country music..(which i dont blah :P NO Offence) then that person im talking to might say they like it too even though they hate it just say it to um how it go again.. to .... get you to like 'em er yeah something like that. hehe oh well.. hmm i ran out of coffe again..no! i got school tomarrow too -.- hmm night quill yay !

and yup sax know how ya feel.. i cant stay in padded rooms for so long.. erm i mean closed rooms yeah thats it.. heh i guess im a bit crastrophobic or how ever you spell that.. 0.o mmhmm think i said that already no ok.. yeah..
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Sax » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:40 am

Padded rooms are FUN
I can sleep when I'm dead!!!!! >=O

www.geocities.com/whnstudio
It's a plug yeah, but buy my artwork!
Pleeeaaaasssseee??? *puppy eyes*
Sax

Postby Luc » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:45 am

espeically with those i love me jackets they warm ^.^
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Sax » Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:48 am

Yes, yes they are!

I LOVE ME!
I can sleep when I'm dead!!!!! >=O

www.geocities.com/whnstudio
It's a plug yeah, but buy my artwork!
Pleeeaaaasssseee??? *puppy eyes*
Sax

Postby bingholic98 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:29 am

don't you find if someone talks to much it tires you out.Ssometimes when someone goes on and on I find myself yawning, I know that's rude but can't help if I get bored :lol:
bingholic98

Postby Seizure » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:19 am

[REMOVED]
Last edited by Seizure on Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Stacey » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:03 pm

Ok.. question...

Is it just me, or has anyone else ever had the urge to yawn just by seeing someone else yawn or hearing someone talk about yawning?
What causes that anyhow????? :?

~Stace
Stacey

Postby LinzAy » Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:22 pm

Lol....i hafta yawn if i just hear somebody yawn over the phone....so i know how that feels..........

Cap, i read your reply to me buti forgot most of it...because, well, i guess my memory isnt all that great! But i remember wanting to say thankyou..o yea! I guess i'll agere that im fine the way i am.......well, no...there are those things that could definitely be changed about me.......

Speakig of which..imma start a new thread.....
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings