A poem I came up with.. [Strong Language involved]

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

A poem I came up with.. [Strong Language involved]

Postby SilentAbyss » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:11 am

This poem may cause offense to some people, as it it about my anger towards religion. Dreamer said I couldn't submit it onto the actual site, but I could post it up in the forum.. Sorry if it does cause offense in any way..

Blasphemy From the Heart

Christ up there on his crucifix,
It's not like he gives a poop.
And him, God, f*** him too.
He's pure evil, through and through.

f*** the angels, burn their wings.
They only laugh at our suffering.
f*** the priest, as if he cares.
"You're odd, youre different. You'd better beware!"

f*** the cross, the symbol of christ.
Burn in Hell, that'll show your might.
Rip the bible into pieces.
Damn the bullshit that it teaches.

f*** old Mary, the virgin whore.
f*** her bastard son of folklore.
f*** Joseph, f*** the disciples.
f*** all this. f*** their libel.

Once again, very sorry if this causes offense, but I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech.
"Will you still hold me when you see what I have done, Will you still kiss me the same?"

- Atreyu "The Crimson"
SilentAbyss

Postby SilentAbyss » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:48 pm

Oh, and by the way.. If you DID like this poem, my name on the actual site is "Mike". I have a few more poems posted on that. I'd appreciate any comments/criticisms you could give me. Thanks :)
"Will you still hold me when you see what I have done, Will you still kiss me the same?"

- Atreyu "The Crimson"
SilentAbyss

Postby Terrie* » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:11 pm

Hi Mike,
i cain relate to the anger in this,i must confess i felt like this when life threw me a cruel curve..i lost my one and only love, my husband to death, left me as a young widowed mom with two small children, well i got my anger out of the way. didn't bring my first love back, but i got out ,all i needed to express,( made me whom i am today , made me strong ) how do i feel now? different, i place all my trust in God, before i do man. i'll admit i still miss my husband very much, he was a good decent man, and religion has nothin' to do with his death, a normal process, i guess i was just to naive thinkin' that he was exempt, i mean , come on ,we were to grow old together, still i would never trade places with him , i would never want him go through what i had to, nor to feel the way that i felt and continue to feel. once again great expressive words,many cain relate to this anger,may i also add that through my loss after an extended amount of time i also have found my way back to the Lord, sometimes things happen in my life and i question as to why must i go through it,why am i placed in the center of it? then i realize, it is where i need to be..still not perfect, God is still workin' on me, am i Angry No...Lonely Yes..thanx for allowin' me to read and comment on this piece..Terrie*
Terrie*

Postby SilentAbyss » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:39 am

:) Thanks for that, Terrie. But I've lost it, now. I mean, if there really WAS someone, why would he let this sort of stuff happen? The Bible preaches that "God loves everyone" and stuff, but if he does then why all the suffering? Why all the hurt that people cause each other? I was never a firm believer in God in the first place, but there was always the wondering, the thought that there actually was someone watching over us.

That's gone now, and I can't see it ever coming back..

- Atreyu "The Crimson"
SilentAbyss

Postby Terrie* » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:00 pm

sometimes i find it difficult for me to explain, something in general.
You almost have to be in my shoes, or be granted a part of my life to know and understand why I feel as I do today..
"People" cause harm and inflict pain upon one another, not "God"
i’m not a religious person .but ,yes I am into Jesus. i'm tryin' to better myself..as a person, especially as a mom , due to the mildness and gentleness in my childrens young hearts that reflects in their voice ,i was drawn and captured by their sensitivity, all the time they were growin' up questionin’, not even myself, could provide them the answers that they were seekin’ but together and alone they found their answers within themselves..I am not a very knowledgeable person , I lack wisdom .come on now i'm just a mom..dad had all the answers...

but , i will share this much,though.. there is a diffinite higher source,3 x in my life i was standin' in an unfamiliar place, I know the sound of that familiar crashin’ wave in my storm , that brought him to me, he carried me durin' my darkest moment, the prayers that he answered , caused me to believe in something I caint see. .but what I cain feel. .and I cain feel God’s presence deep in my heart . life and death are both great mysteries,
your opinions are not and will not be over looked..thanx for sharin' Mike.
we are listenin' and readin'... Terrie*

___________________________________________________________--
Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. Mother Teresa
Terrie*

Postby SilentAbyss » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:35 am

You say that it's PEOPLE that hurt others, not God.. But surely if there was a God he wouldn't let people hurt others? I'm sure during wars and terrorist attacks people pray all the time.. Why don't their prayers get answered?

- Atreyu "The Crimson"
SilentAbyss

Postby Dreamer » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:56 am

God is Love. We all have the freedom of choice and there is where things go bad from time to time. The saying goes God helps those who help themselves.

God is Love not hate. With love anything is possible. Those who are not touched with love will always be there.

Those with Love are the strength to help those that do not know love, to know it. That is the one thing that all religions have in common. Every Human in every place. They seek Love. One God, Love, a need for love. It is the thing lost in a Terrorists heart.

Bad things will always happen. It is what you do when they happen that guides you. If you push out anger and hate and add forgiveness and remember the feeling that makes you feel the anger and hate and remember the good it makes more room for the Love to do the right thing..

Just the thoughts as I see the Whole God thing. I feel God IS Love and not necessarily an entity.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby rubydragon » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:03 am

SilentAbyss wrote::) "God loves everyone" and stuff, but if he does then why all the suffering? Why all the hurt that people cause each other?

Think about it, if God were to show himself what would happen? they would kill him as they did his son, that is if he hasn't been already, who knows? and we are here to learn from our mistakes and unfortunately suffering, otherwise what would be the point of a perfect world where everyone is happy, personally I would find it boring. And just imagine if no-one could die, I think the world is overally populated as it is.

If you wanna disbelieve go ahead, I have lived through death literally as this site knows, and believe me, it comes from the heart not what everyone tells you, do I believe in God? Yes, why? because I have found this site and many friends, because I have found love, because I found Leah, and mostly because I am alive.

I found your poem well written, I disagree with it though and believe you could have aimed the anger in a different form of poetry.

I respect you for willing to express yourself. Better to let things, out trust me. Thank you for sharing.

100% behind you Dreamer.

Always loving and dreaming.
Ruby
The only true source of inspiration, is to be an inspiration.

There is No More Inspiration!!
rubydragon

Postby Leah06 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:53 pm

First a note to my soul mate- what you said took my breath away and made me blush. you are so special to me as you know and i truly believe god ment us to meet here.

Mike- hi my name is Leah. here is what i have to say... well i agree with becky and stu. But what i have to say is different. Just like everyone else, no matter your age, i have had my share of pain and sufferage. And i will be 18 on the first of december. (please dont look down upon me due to my age, it bothers me and i really hope you look at me as a fellow poet and human being other than a teenager, you will soon find that i am extreamly mature beyond my years) just recently, i had to identify the bodey of one of my friends, i also watched as my senior class ('06) morned over another close friend of mine, Joel who also died only months ago. Last november, i found my granfather dead in my house, a situation i pray no one will ever have to be in. Yet i still love and believe in Jesus Christ. God is my savior and i intrust my life to him. I am letting him guide me through what ever journey he wishes me to experience. I believe that pain only makes us stronger, and suffereing only teaches us to be greatful and happy with what we do have, and how lucky we are to have what we do. Only recently did i relalize how much he loves me, and how much i owe my life to him for everything he has given me. Yes i still suffer and have pain but i grow stronger and learn from my pain through god. He has brought me so many things i am thankful for. He gave me the gift to write. Without that gift, and my love for poetry i would have never been to Dreamers. I would have never met becky, or terrie, or stacey, or martin vann. And on top of that all, i would have never met stu (ruby). He has taught me so much about myself and about love and life that i will never be able to give him the knowledge and experience he has given me. This is my second family. God brogught me to them because somehow he knew i would need them to lean on in times i couldnt stand on my own. Yes, like everyone else i doubt and question sometimes, but then i think of all the things he has given me and i know that even if i dont agree or see the good in all the bad that is going on, he is there for me. And i trust and love him.

Sorry this was so long, i get caught up sometimes. thank you for giving me the oppertunity to comment.

~Leah K.
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby IcicleTears » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:39 am

Christ does give a poop, that's the whole reason he is on the crucifix, for our sins, all of us. even YOURS, say what you will about God he will always forgive and understand, that's one of the reaons why I love him, I turned against him, but when I needed him the most he was still there to forgive me, and keep me alive.
God doesn't test you or harm you, but he is there to help you thropugh when you are tested by yourself, God doesn't cause suffering but he is there to guide you through. God is within us all if we just look for him.
The shadows that scare you in the night is usually your overactive imagination
IcicleTears

Next

Return to Poems and Writings