ideas????

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

ideas????

Postby shan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:34 am

What do ya do when the words just don't come out. When there's plenty to say, yet no way seems fit to fit.... weird how that happeneds.

I love writing, and do it constantly. lol people at work think it's funny that I carry pen and paper on me all the time.. even just walking around. But writing has definately become a second job.. one that I actually enjoy.. lol and there are times when the perfect thing to say, is felt within my heart and soul, and just won't leak out of the pen.. just caaan't always find words for whatcha wanna say... just wondering what you all do when that happeneds to you. most of the time, if i just set it aside, and pick it up a few days weeks or months later, it comes back to me.. easier. but, just curious.................. how do you break your writers block???
shan

Postby Seizure » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:45 pm

I walk away from the writing for about 15 minutes. When I come back, I'm usually able to see it differently.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Dreamer » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:52 pm

usually I go somewhere that inspires me. For me it is someplace natural like the local park or some where where the trees are large and whisper to the breeze..
Sometimes just sitting in the silence and think of the feelings I am writing about and how it effects me.. that helps me too.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby RinRin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:59 pm

actually I've had the same problem for almost a year now...now I love writing poetry, but what I really love is writing fiction..but I haven't been able to access any creative vision for a long time. I assume it's simply because of the way my life is turning out, having a baby and all. Kinda takes up all your time, but I noticed that even when I sit down to write, nothing happens...it's very frustrating, so I feel your pain! I wish I could give you some great advice on how to break that block, but I haven't found anything that has worked for me yet :(...I hope it gets better for both of us!
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby Puppet » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:12 am

When I can't actually experience inspiration (like going out or having something interesting happen to me), I find music to be great for creativity. Most of my favorite songs give me strange and intense images, so I usually just work with that.
“Who am I?” asks a voice from deep inside my inner ear-spool
I guessed it must be the mental guardian I read about in mind school
“You’re a thought, a notion, bodiless, an idea if you will;
You tend to my dear sanity like a window’s window-sill.”
Puppet

Postby xeverettx » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:33 am

Usually ideas would just come to me but ive been noticing my paper has been blank lately
"I've Broken Both My Legs Falling For You..."
xeverettx

Postby Emery » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:11 am

usally when i draw a blank i just leave it there.. i always tell my self that it will only be for a few minutes but it ends up being for a few days. but as soon as i look back i can think of something..
"It's that moment when your eyes seem to spread aspersions, and to scream at the insipid sky parting clouds..."
-From Autumn to Ashes
Emery

Return to Poems and Writings