confused

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

confused

Postby bingholic98 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:51 am

Sometimes I feel lucky that I'm disabled. People are nice to me and I seem to get special treatment. :? :shock: Then other times I think if only I was the way I was. being able to drive. work and do my own things. :( I miss driving and having my own income but I also like having the time to write.People look after me know.I don't have to struggle to look after me.Am I wierd being confused?
bingholic98

Postby Luc » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:28 pm

well i dont think you should feel weird since your confused. and i dont know why you are confused. course you miss driving and all that stuff who wouldnt (some exceptions) and people are nice to you. now wether they are forcing to be nice or not thats something else. but either way just be happy ^.^
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Capricorn » Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:39 pm

You're bound to miss driving and that Barb, and I think that most people are confused about life generally. Try to think of the good things. There is a saying"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" WE always think another kind of life would be better, but if we had that it might not seem so good after a while. :wink: Try to enjoy the best parts of you life and remember you are lucky to be here! :D :D
Laughter is better than any medicine the doctor can prescribe.
Capricorn

Postby Dreamer » Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:01 am

Just think if you could drive again you would have to worry about paying the insurance and maintance on the car. I agree with Capricorn.. The grass is always greener. Remember there were problems with the way things used to be too.

I will have to admit I too would really miss being indendent and going when ever and where ever I wanted too. Maybe trying to keep your eyes on the blessings you now have that you didn't have before will help ..

You've come a long way baby :)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby bingholic98 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:54 am

I am thank-ful for all I do have .what bugs me is that now that I'm disabled I'm happier. Shouldn't I be unhappy. I lost alot but gained alot too. I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel guilty for being so content with my life as a disabled person. :?: Thanks for all the replies 8)
bingholic98

Postby Capricorn » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:55 pm

Hey Barb, don't you go getting guilty now! Just enjoy! perhaps becoming disabled has changed your values in life, making you realise what true happiness means. You've been through a lot too after your operation. You deserve to be happy! :D
Capricorn

Postby Luc » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:22 pm

i agree much with what cap just said. maybe you have finaly found 'true' happyness. and im happy that you are happy :wink: :) stop worry about why you are happy just be.
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Dreamer » Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:57 am

Here here!! I have to agree with that whole heartedly Luc.. and Cap

-Becky
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby bingholic98 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:59 am

ok I'll just enjoy being happy luc. :lol: cap I only feel guilty when I'm talking to someone that complains about having to go to work. :roll: dreamer thanks for all your support :wink:
bingholic98

Postby Capricorn » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:40 pm

THink of it as early retirement, lots of people do it these days!
Capricorn

Return to Poems and Writings