When did you start writing?

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Postby Brenda Michelle » Thu May 15, 2003 1:18 pm

your not weird ghost! just be happy and gald of who you are now and not worry about the past! because you cant go back and change it all you can do is prevent it from happing again. even thought the past is hard to forget dont grieve about it just carry on with your life!
Brenda Michelle

Postby Ghost » Thu May 15, 2003 2:39 pm

Oh yeah, I know I can't change the past nor would I really want to. If I didn't have a stepmother that was verbally abusive to me, I might not have turned out to be the person I am today. A lot of the hate in my poems comes from her and all the things she's done to me because of her disease. She is a drug addict and I believe that it really is a disease with her it's no longer whether or not she wants to do drugs. I am the dwelling type of person where if some one starts giving me a guilt trip, I start feeling worthless and even contemplate suicide again. I've gotten better, so there's no need to start worring about little old me. But that's mostly the reason I've started writing. It's the only way that it feels like I can be myself and not be worried about how society or people view me. :?
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not. - Phlogiston Verdigris
Ghost

Postby bench » Mon May 26, 2003 7:57 pm

I started writing when I first learned how to read. But my first poem cam when I was around 7 years old.
Live Life, Love Life
bench

Postby Dreamer » Mon May 26, 2003 8:41 pm

hehe I'd love to hear it Bench
"I can't be in your shoes, But I can be by your side.. and hold your hand in friendship."
-Scott Goober, (Boston Public)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Sweet Sara » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:32 pm

um...well.... i wrote about 6 small poems in 6th grade and threw them away for no reason at all but my inspiration came in the begining of 8th grade when my teacher taught us more about it. ive been writin it ever since.
"its better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all"...."you dont know what you have untill you've lost it"
Sweet Sara

Postby Dreamer » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:42 pm

Glad to see this old topic resurface. It's neat to know how we all started. And it is good to reread it again too :) I try not to throw out anything I have written. Makes for alot of little scraps of paper around the house.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby emilee » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:57 pm

i started writing about a year or so ago. i loved to write in language class and everything, i just never knew i could write poetry. my friend got me into it and i love it!
*i wanna cry like the rain, cry like the rain. shine like the sun on a beautiful mornin. sing through the heavens like a church bell ringin, fight with the devil and go down swingin. i wanna live!*
emilee

Postby Meridian Zuriel » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:37 pm

I started writing in the 6th grade, the same year, I started piano lessons......... I've become addicted to poetry so much, that it's hard to quit..... hahhahaha....... You know, since I started writing poems and taking piano lessons in the same year, it wasn't until 2 years later, that I composed music..... Poetry and music lyrics are just the same..... It's therapeutic too......

:mrgreen:
Meridian Zuriel

Postby Meridian Zuriel » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:38 pm

Oh by the way Emilee, I love your quote at the bottom! YOU GO GIRL! 8)
Meridian Zuriel

Postby emilee » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:08 pm

thanks! :)
*i wanna cry like the rain, cry like the rain. shine like the sun on a beautiful mornin. sing through the heavens like a church bell ringin, fight with the devil and go down swingin. i wanna live!*
emilee

PreviousNext

Return to Poems and Writings