New Info On My Father

Almost Anything Goes

New Info On My Father

Postby Tammy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:52 pm

I have wrote a few poems about my father here on Dreamers. My sister and I have searched for him for a couple yrs, but we never had any luck. Well back in May I was doing some research for my family tree, and of course I had my father on my mind, and popped in Jones and I went to a website called Jones genealogy, well I posted my message about my father on rootsweb in the surname Jones, and I did a search on his name after I posted my message, and there was a message from a lady back in 2003 who was looking for my sister and I. Well I couldn't find a phone number to contact her, so I did a little more searching and found a site called peoplesite. com it is a free place where you can put info about loved ones your searching for, well the same night I got a email from a lady, and the next day she had sent me my half sister Kim's phone number, and email. My sister and I found out we have 2 half sisters, our father was killed in 1979. Kim sent us pictures our father had of us girls, and a letter he had wrote to our mother. I truly know now that our father loved us. I hate that we won't ever have a chance to know him, but we have stayed in contact with our half sister Kim. We talk on the phone, email, and were just trying to get to know each other, and enjoy being a family. Hopefully we will get to meet one day, but as for now we are just sharing pics. I am so thankful to the ladies who helped to make this possible. And I am thankful my father, and other relatives told his two other daughters about my sister, and I.
Tammy

Postby Dreamer » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Sounds like it was a good family reunion.. kind of like you see sometimes on those shows on TV.. Sorry to hear about your father.. But with some closure it helps with those feelings of abandonment i hope..

I know it was a hard time for you.. congratulations on the new family. :)
Dreamer
Site Admin

Return to Open Forum