Random stuff.....

Fun on-going threads

Postby Leah06 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:44 pm

I am so scared because i am preforming in front of millions and millions of people in a really really short kilt on saturday! And i have fat legs which is so scary but i am scared i am going to mess up its not even funny. I am going to be on nation wide television too. I am so scared. Ok the deal is i am going with the Foothill High School's marching band (i am in marching band, i play clarinet and im in the colorgaurd and in this case i am preforming with the colorgaurd) and we are going to be marching 4 1/2 miles downtown portland oregon. And we will be all over nationwide television. And i am on the verry side so the cameras will be on me! I am scared poop less!!!! There will be tons and tones of people all across the US watching us. So if you live in the US and you are going to watch the Portland Festval of Roses and you see the Foothill High School Marching band (bad uniforms are scotish kilts and blue band uniforms we play the song Stars and Stripes Forever) I am in the colorgaurd (the ones in the kilts) and i am on the verry right hand side second colorgaurd row (i am a red, white, and blue flag) thats me! So tell me if you watch it and what you think about how i did. Because i am scared shitless right now and we are leaving wendsday and coming home Sunday. so please tell me somthing that will take my mind off of this.

Leah
Leah06

thanks

Postby shanz » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:51 pm

thanks rin and linz for the advise.. i dont have many friends.. actually.. the only people i interact with is my co workers. i used to be outgoing and had a really hyper outlook on life.. and then i just sank into what it is what i am now.. it's almost like i'm paranoid of people.. situations.. love.. life in general. other then my poems.. this is prolly the most i've talked about what i've been feeling. i wish i had that one person to call up and go out with.. have fun with.. talk to.. but i pushed um all away. havn't figured out why yet.. there's gutta be a reason somewhere rite?? i dunno. i know i'll be ok one day or another someday in the future.. but sometimes i wonder if i'll live to see the day. i yern for happiness.. yern for that person to confind in.. hang out with.. love.. and something just holds me back from getting to know people.. or people getting to know me.. ya know.. i used to be the strong one.. i held my twisted family together.. and i think i put so much on myself growing up and raising myself and my sisters basically by myself that i just can't deal with people anymore.. i'm afraid people will leave me like they've done all my life. and i'd rather be alone to begin with.. then love and loose.. i know it's betta to love and loose then neva loved at all.. but my mind just wont agree with it. i dunno. thanks again for your advise.. and love all of both of ur poems.. i've read basically all of um. thanks again.. shan
shanz

Postby LinzAy » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:41 am

aw...thanks for readin my work and for the compliment! I wish i could do more for you, give you more advice....be there for you more......Have ya read my "Strength" poem? You'll get through this and that one day or another will come soon.......wishin ya he best and prayin for your happiness:)
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Futantxx » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:15 pm

Leah06, hehe I will remember to watch.

I played clarinet in marching band, concert band, and pep band when I was in High School. Do you find the "band life" fun?
±Don't Try To Fix Me I'm Not Broken±
Futantxx

Postby Seizure » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:07 pm

Well, this thread is about some random stuff... so I might as well post some random stuff here as well. The Seizure is actually happy at the moment... so I'm gonna say why (since it's so seldom, mark the dates on your calendar!).

My album has finally been mastered, pressed, and sent out in the mail. Every single promotional copy the pressing company pressed up has already been sold as a tax write off... that's every single copy they had intended for a promotional disc... I don't even have the CD yet and a lot of people are already listening to it!

If that's not enough of an ego boost, the copies I'm getting are already all spoken for... and all this is before the album hits stores or is even available for sale online... it's selling and people seem to be looking forward to it... I'm shocked, people actually care what I have to say!

I got an agent that is working to get me on the radio at the moment.. and she turned down all four singles I had selected... She said:

01: A Long Time Ago was WAY too violent and vulgar.
02: Still Falling would have been perfect, but it's too long and says "f***" twice.
03: Demon's Night is too violent.
04: Disappear is too violent.

So she came up with the two songs she felt would be perfect singles... First, her favorite song on the album, Mortality. It's the type of song every single person on this web site could relate with, so I guess it was a good choice. I actually picked it first as a single, but my label's president denied it. Now the agent said it too, I guess he's all about it now.

The second single, Dreamer will be very happy about. The second is Killing Machines. She helped me write it, and it's gonna hit the air waves.

The EP I recorded for a free online EP impressed my president so much, he offered me a 4 EP deal at 75/25 with me getting the 75 cut to allow for it to be a pro-pressing as opposed to a free online CD. So I'm going to do a Christmas thing for free instead...

And, I have two tours coming up next year... and I was asked to make my next full length a double disc. Yeah, the music is going somewhere... at least for now.

What does it have to do with Dreamersreality.com? Three things.

#1: A lot of my poetry has carried over into my music. So some people that liked my poetry would at least appreciate the musical talent behind them as well... even if they think the album sucks.

#2: A work Dreamer helped me write is on the album (Killing Machines), and it is also a single that's gonna get some air time.

#3: A song that was inspired from one of Sax's poems is on there entitled, "Apocalypse Rain."

It's 20 songs of pure.. uhh... Seizure stuff... There were only 13 seconds left on the CD after I laid it all down so I'm happy with it (although I like the newer stuff more... that album was done 7 months ago).

Well.. I took enough of your time already... time to continue working on my SQL stuff...
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby RinRin » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:39 pm

Wow Seizure!! I'm really happy for you! Congrats! It's pretty cool that you're doing this...I really wish I could..I was going to start my own band and all, but of course like most people who want to start a band, I had not the time to even consider the possiblities...kind of ironic! But I congratulate you all the same :)

And now for MY random stuff...

For all of you Godsmack fans out there...guess where I'm going this Thursday!! A Godsmack concert (the tickets presented to me by my wonderful sister and her husband for my b-day, which is coming up in eleven days!!! I'll finally be 17!!) I can't wait...it's kind of a big thing, cause I haven't been to many concerts in my lifetime...only two in fact...(one of them was a Britney Spears concert...don't slap me, please!!) so that's about as random as I can get as for now!

:D

*RinRin*
I left a flower on the doorstep, a weed that still remembers me.
RinRin

Postby Futantxx » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:34 pm

Congratulations Seizure!!!

RinRin... GodSmack kicks ass. I hope you have a hella great time!

Random stuff for today...... nothing happened. *grin*
±Don't Try To Fix Me I'm Not Broken±
Futantxx

Postby Luc » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:16 pm

congrates seizure... hope ya make it big and such.. :) or at least get some real good money off all that.. ;)
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Stacey » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:17 pm

Right on Seiz !! :D
Stacey

Postby LinzAy » Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:46 am

Seiz...ya know i think it's all great and awesome...but i'll say it here in reply to ur randomness :D

Rin...Godsmack Kix major ass live! I dont really even care for their music therefore i dont have their cd BUT! I would definitely pay to see them again. Saw them at EDBDX.....they impressed me a lot! Of course, most of everyone at edbdx was pretty damn good....but Godsmack was like WOW!

Hmm...my randomness for now? Well, we're still moving....BUT! it's not to Georgia...it's to Apopka. Where my life basically is. All my friends live in the wonderful APK. And the house is awesome.....except i wont be living in the house...i'll be living in the apartment that comes with the house...so i'll hafta pay rent and stuff......And there's a pool!!!! OMIGAWD!!! A POOL!!! I've lived in two houses, maybe more, that have had pools and not having a pool has been killing this entire family! Praise The Lord! lol..........so i'm very excited about this. I've been wanting to get a job and with moving into this little apartment i hafta ghet a job in order to live in it, and i'll learn the responsibilities of having my own place.....but at the same time be rite next to the parents and not exactly goin out on my own yet............so, i'm all excited about this one. We're gonna be very busy in the next few weeks........with packing and moving...cuz we're movin in as soon as possible, and the people that are in there now are gonna be gone within a week, sooooo....

And i'm also happy about this cuz now i dont really have any doubt of ppl not makin to my birhtday party since i now live rite there with everyone. And i think we may be having a band or two play for my party, and theres a pool.....eeeee!! Imma have so much fun....even if only half the ppl i want to show up actually show up....i always end up havin fun som way or another.

UGH! And we'll finally be leaving the damn fleas that our dumb ass dog brought in.....i'm goin insane with these damn things! Salt doesnt work as good as it use to.....

And i have my eye on someone! 8)

Welps...thats about all for now....talk to u guys later :D
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

PreviousNext

Return to Infinite Possibilities