Random stuff.....

Fun on-going threads

lallalalaaa

Postby shanz » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:35 pm

seiz!! that's awsome.. so happy to hear.. hope to hear ya on the radio world wide!!!

well it's saturday nite.. and i am bored as alllllllllll hell. i had to work today.. i work in an auto part store, as assistant manager... it went ok.. i spent most of it playin battleship with my manager since we were completely dead.. blah.. and the rest of it.. i spent talkin on the phone to different machanics who call us up and expect us to know exactly what car parts they need without giving us the rite information.. gutta luv it when someone calls you up to look up parts for a car and the machanic doesn't even know what kinda car he's working on.. i tell ya... some people are so oblivious to the obvious.. but what can ya do.

ok so check this out.. a year ago i started at this job as a driver.. delivering auto parts to different local garages.. then i got promoted after six months to sales associate.. which basically means i just answer the phones and look up car parts.. then about a month ago.. just before my manager went on her vacation for her wedding.. she told me i was being promoted to assistant manager.. i neva thought that at 19 yrs old i'd be assistant manager of an auto part store.. lol. didn't know what to make of it since i didn't know the first thing about a car when i started there just 8 months before.. so for the past month.. almost two now.. i've been wicked stressed out tryin to learn all the manager stuff, and tryin to learn everything i can about the inside of a car. everyone keeps tellin me what i good job i'm doing.. and i'm stuck lookin around at them thinking... are they freakin serious????? i dont know NUTTIN about cars.. and... and.. rah.. i'm just stressed cuz i'm scared that one of these days my manager will leave.. which leaves me in the company to be the manager.. and LMAO... i barely know anything about cars.. lol who knows. maybe im just being to hard on myself, and should give myself more credit for learnin what i have learned so fast.. but dude.. i need a vacation.. lol i've been promoted twice and i havn't even worked there long enough to have had a vacation yet.. blah.. lol who knows.

so anyway.. i feel like i'm ritin a novel here.. but i'm bored as all hell. nuttin to do on a rainy saturday nite where i live.. and i gutta be up at 7am to go to work.. yep.. 7 days a week.. gutta luv it. so anyway.. i'll go so i dont bore anyone anymore. oh yeah.. my little sister lost her two front teeth today.. hehe she's so cute.. btw... i'm stuck babysittin tonite.. anyone gut any pointers on how the HELL to get a six year old to go to sleep and stay there.. lol???????????
shanz

Postby Seizure » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:30 am

Leave it to Seizure to piss off people all the time... I got my first bit of hate mail from my currently "limited" presale release... Not Everyone Wins is not yet out in stores, but it is for sale in a limited area in Georgia and Indiana. So far, every single promotional copy has been copped and almost all the "initial" pressings have been sold. So I don't think it's too bad I only got 2 haters so far... but here's what those messages said, along with my reply... so I can see if you guys think I was right, or being the usual Seizure asshole...

--------------------------------------------------

Dear sir,

My child has recently purchased the Dank album, "Not Everyone Wins." I personally find it to be completely in bad taste. I have taken the CD and will not allow Dank to influence my child toward suicide. Good day to you sir.

Uh oh, right? She hammered the hell out of me and my album didn't she? Here's how I replied...

Well, if someone is going to kill themselves over my music, or anyone's music for that matter, then they have my blessings. It's one less idiot in the world. I mean who really takes a form of entertainment literally? It's an artistic vision illustrated by each artist differently; people get different feelings from experiencing art, but if they choose to act on it, it is their choice. Not the fault of the artist. If your child is close to suicide, then I can assure you, my album didn't put him/her there. He/she is already unstable and most likely there for other reasons than listening to a new album for 2 days. Try properly placing blame. Good day madam.

Now the second email I received was from some guy that claims he fell into extreme depression while listening to my album... check it out... I modified it for spelling (BIG TIME), mistakes, and took off his damn caps lock.

Hey, I got your cd today. I listened to it a few times and it has made me depressed. I was already close to suicidal tendencies and now feel like I've crossed that line. Does that make you happy? Did you accomplish what you set out to do?

It would appear he's trying to lay the guilt trip on me... here's what I said in response.

Is that supposed to make me feel guilty for your depression? I didn't put you there and regret you would suggest otherwise. But here's a thought, if my album makes you depressed, there's a simple 3 step program you can follow. I call it, "Dank's guide for not being depressed by listening to the new Dank album." Ready?

Step 1: Push the eject button on your CD player.
Step 2: Remove the album, "Not Everyone Wins."
Step 3: Do not put it back in your player.

Now we're all happy right?

Was I wrong or too harsh in my replies? Any input would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance... later...
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Luc » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:07 pm

...not wrong.. yet not harsh either.. just blunt and stright foward... o.O i say you responded rather well to those e-mails/messegae/whatever they are...
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby Dreamer » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:11 am

Yep I think you responded just fine.. There is always going to be someone looking for someone to blame for someones illness.. I agree whole heartedly about people having problems with depression not having anything to do with music but with things going on in their lives.

People who are so slose to suicide that someone would think a song could push them over the edge unfortunately already have a very sick mind and needs professional help to start with

You can't please everyone all of the time...
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Dreamer » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:14 am

Random stuff...

My dog got sprayed with mace about a week or so ago by the cops when she got loose and she moved towards them in her own yard.. She has been sick ever since but today she is finally feeling better :) And that is a good thing... I was really starting to get worried with her being an older dog and all.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Luc » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:21 pm

radndon stuff...

im not sure if this really is here.. but i feel i must write it. i have written these thoughts on paper, yet they do me no good. i have sung them, written them and transformed them into music, yet they do me no good. perhaps its just the need to know of someone out there that has the same understanding as me.

my demons, the ones that rest within my mind, oh how wel their sweet voices comfert me. and i hold on to them as if they were mind, yet they are not. my demon, or plural, i do not know, but i know it takes on the form of one i love, yet hate with all my heart. a double edged sword. it tounts me and tortures me. but when and if he stops i'll fear that i will fear silences more then the taunts and so i encourge my inner demon to continaul on with this torture by showing him/her/it how much it really hurts me.
with my fake smile hiding by sorrow i dance with the others. inside.. i slowly die. and soon i'll become an empty shell. ..

my spelling is poor, i know that, and my english, well i think my spelling is better when in comparasion. you may ignore this, you may read it and show me others that i am not alone and that someone understands. even if its from another veiw point. do i want attention? do i want sympathy? perhaps i do, more then i truelly know. or perhaps i dont, and i only wish to share with you all my pain. ...

that is my randon .. stuff..
"The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence." - Lyman Bryson
Luc

Postby LinzAy » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:37 pm

agh!!! my birthday party keeps goin back a week!!!!!! grrrr......

but it's gonna be fun
~The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return~
LinzAy

Postby Dreamer » Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:16 am

Random thought,

My husband is talking about me flying to Kuwait to come and see him.. I think I will melt at 115f/47c.. But what a kewl adventure it would be
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby bench » Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:26 am

Random thought,

Wouldn't it be nice to meet everyone else in person? I am contemplating going to the States for my Sabbatical. Would any of you care to meet up with me?
Live Life, Love Life
bench

Postby Seizure » Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:22 am

Depends where you'll be.
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

PreviousNext

Return to Infinite Possibilities