Not Following these rules will get your submissions disqualified for consideration for this site
1. No First Submissions in "Cutting" category Why?
Emailed submissions will only be excepted typed in a
3. Submissions must NOT be in all capitals letters Why?
4. No special
Characters allowed. Single spaced.
5. Preferably no cuss words or explicit sexual content. Why?
6. No Racial/hate content allowed. Why?
7. You must use a working email
address. Or Your poem WILL
8. All Submissions must be made only by the author of the writing Why?
9. Check Your Spelling and Punctuation, especially in stories. Why
10. Keep Comments Kind. Why
11. All Submissions are excepted at the discretion of Dream are final. Why?
12. Only One Nick/Name permitted per user for the site Why?
13. All Poems must be titled Why?
14. Short Stories Submission's should be double spaced at paragraph
15. No Advertising Allowed Why?
16. Back Up Your Work Why?
|1. Why all the new
2. Why did you make this website?
3. When did you start writing poetry?
4. Will you tell me if my writing is good or not?
5. How do I submit poetry to this site?
6. Why don't you allow email or website addresses on poems or in the comments?
7. What do you do with the donations sent to the site?
8. Why don't our poems automatically update as soon as we submit them?
1. Limited Categories. No Cutting,or cutting related poems on your first submission due to the fact I get too many people that will post only in those categories and never post again. I don't agree with self mutilation and do not want my site to become known as a site about cutters and self destructive behaviors.
2. Submissions in simple text form only: Due to the number of virus' that are out there it is no longer safe to except any files other than text files. (.txt) It also makes it easier to be able to copy and paste to my website after I proof read your poem/comment.
3. Capitalization: I like my site to look uniform. My choice is that I like it in upper and lower case. I have to re-type all poems/comments that come in all in capital letters. With the website getting larger, it takes more time. Since this is my hobby, I don't want it to become work. I feel that since this is a free service to you as a poet, that it should not be a problem to help me keep the submission flow easier to update. Submissions WILL NOT be posted if they arrive to me in all capital letters.
4. No Special Characters, Single Spaced: Special characters take special hand editing to get rid of as does double spacing. Mostly the same reasons apply as with capitalization. Keep it simple. Normal punctuation IS okay. Breaks between stanzas or paragraphs is okay.
5. Content Filters: This website is designed for general audience readers. School age children frequent my site as well as people of various backgrounds and ages. Sexual content not only may cause problems with the visitors of the site; but also in the ranking of many search engines. So I do not except it. As for swear or cuss words.. we are poets there are plenty of words that can be used to get a point across without using objectionable content. Once in a while I may allow one or two to pass through. I will however put a "*" in place of a vowel in the word If I feel it is important to the content of the poem. But I do ask that it is not made a habit.
6. Racial/Hate poems: I should not even have to mention this one but.... I feel that my site is no place for racial hate. All people are equal in the eyes of this Dreamer.
7. Email addresses are
very important on my site. If an e-mail address is
fraudulent or does not work, I will not except
submission. Sometimes I am asked
if a person can use a poem on my site for a various
reason. Some times it is not one of my poems.
Poems and permission for their use is to the sole
discretion of the author of the work. When I have
the address I can keep in contact with the writer so that
the person may get permission or denial for the use of a
8. Submissions by authors only: Poems will be excepted only if submitted by the author of the poem. They may not be sent in by well meaning relatives or friends. Due to copyright laws it is important that I know that the works belong to the person giving me permission to use them on my site.
Capitalization, spelling and punctuation in stories is
important. It doesn't have to be perfect. I do expect to
see capitals at the beginning of sentences and a few
periods to separate run on sentences. A comma or two in
the middle of a sentence, properly placed, would be nice
10. Submitting Comments. Keep it Kind.. Think how you would feel about getting the comment you are writing before you click submit on the comments. This site only works if people remember that writers are very passionate about their work. Poetry is very close to the heart. Avoid personal judgements. It's okay to say "I feel" I don't like this poem and state your reasons. But it is another thing to start the comment with "This poet sucks" or "this poet has no talent." (or something similar) I WILL remove these types of comments or not allow them to be posted at all. I WILL NOT allow personal attacks of any kind. Play Nice..
is my sole
on what is found on my site. I own
DreamersReality.com; I pay for it's
webspace. I will not argue about it
with anyone. If for some reason I do not place your
poem on my site I will try to let you know the reason.
(Usually it is due to extreme or excessive
content). I am a fair person.
12. Use only One Nick or Name per user It gets confusing when a user uses more than one name There is no reason to publish your poems under several names. It is also unfair to others who might come along and have the same name or nick and you are using two. Again as with many of the other rules this also takes more time and is harder to manage for me. In order to keep everything smooth running and organized for me this is the way I need it to be.
13. You must Give Your Poem A Title Have pride in your work. When a poem is finished it should have a title It shows you really care about your work and are not just dumping it off somewhere.
14. Double space Short Stories submissions at paragraph breaks. Make sure special charecters transfer to the form as the charecters they are meant to be and not their alpha/numeric code equivalents.
15. There Is No Advertising allowed
If you have your own website keep it your own. If you have a favorite site that is fine, but don't advertise it here.
Do not solicit poems from my site.
16. Be sure to Back up Your Work It is your responsibility to back up your work. I do not maintain or retain copies of your poems. If your work is removed from the site for breaking of rules or as requested by you it is gone and there is nothing I can do about it
1. Why New Rules? Unfortunately with the recent
growth of the website things get more complicated.
As much as I hate rules; I am having to make a few due
the changes in the numbers of submissions of comments and
poems. I am a believer of the Keep
philosophy. Most of the new rules are common sense
2. Why Do I do it? There have been times when I have
asked myself that same question.I wanted to place some of
my poems on the web. There were a few websites that took submissions but
wanted way too much personal information to suit
me. I didn't want to risk losing my poetry by
placing it on someone else's site. The thought of
accidentally giving away my copyright due to some fine
print I didn't read didn't excite me. I
found one site I liked but it was aimed at only a
specific subject matter. I have alot of variety of
types of poems. I wanted one place to share them so
they wouldn't be scattered around. Loosing track of
3. I started writing when I was around 13. Back then it was pretty much music and diarys. Most of which I still have. Over the years (1973 to present) my writing seemed to progress toward poetry and some short stories. I am a third generation poet. My great-grandmother and grandmother also wrote published poetry. It is very natural for me I can write a poem in a matter of couple minutes on a selected subject I frequently do it that way just for fun.
4. Will I tell you if you are good or not? Nope. I will not judge any poet as I feel a poem is a time capsule of the poets life and feelings. I don't feel I qualify to tell anyone that their thoughts are not of value. Poetry it is a matter of what you like; how it makes you feel. Like music, different people like different kinds of poems. I am no different. I have my favorites and not so favorite.
5. Submitting Poetry :
The best to do it is to type the poem/comment/story into
the submission form. You can usually copy and paste it in. A poem can also be sent to
my email address at: email@example.com
with "poetry submission" in the subject.
This method is only for those that for some reason
cannot use the online form.
6. No Email or web addresses allowed on site: I do not allow spamming or advertising on my site. When you put an email address on a site it can be picked up by robots mining for email addresses. I do not agree with this and so I do not permit it to happen on site I also do not allow websites to be advertised due to not knowing what kind of content they may have on them. Other site owners may not be security conscious nor be safe for children.
7. Donations and money made on the website: That which I recieve goes directly into the website costs. (ie:domain costs, server location, future contests...etc )
8. The reason poems don't update right away.
Most sites do automatically update.
You will usually also find that there is some content on those sites
that don't belong there. Many sites are passworded and a closed community
websites. Or worse yet there is no person to contact in case of problem
and can take days to get a reply I have always liked to keep my site open
for all people to enjoy and easily submit the work. I also care about my
baby (the site) and what appears on it. So I read thru all submisssions
and watch for spelling errors, obvious typos and unneeded special charecters.
Copyrightę2008 2004 1999 by Rebecca R. Hammack
|COPYRIGHT NOTICE: All Rights Reserved. No part of this website, including all pictures and written words, may be reproduced or copied in any manner from this website without permission of the original author of the work. All poetry and pictures herein remain the sole property of the original author and/or copyright owner. All poetry on this website has been submitted by the original author of the work. To contact any author of the work please e-mail: dreamer@dre amersreality.com . so the proper person may be notified.|
All works contained in this site
are submitted to Dreamer for placement any infringements of
are by mistake and if I am contacted about this will gladly correct the problem immediately... thank-you